Problem with ground & pound

vegas55

What has Kiko done to deserve this comment? He's always been classy and as far as I've heard/read, he's done nothing against the Bills or their fans.

Some people. :bag:

I dont want to see him hurt the guy, I just feel like Kiko against the run can be exploited. We saw it first hand in the second half of his rookie year, and the trend continues with his overpursuit or lack of vision. At the same time, I dont want to see a bunch of screens and short passes because hes really good at defending those.

Nothing malicious here, I just wouldnt mind some vindication for the McCoy/Kiko trade to the tune of a few big runs.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want to see him hurt the guy, I just feel like Kiko against the run can be exploited. We saw it first hand in the second half of his rookie year, and the trend continues with his overpursuit or lack of vision. At the same time, I dont want to see a bunch of screens and short passes because hes really good at defending those.

Nothing malicious here, I just wouldnt mind some vindication for the McCoy/Kiko trade to the tune of a few big runs.

My apologies again for the misinterpretation. :beer: Cheers

Edited by NOVABillsFan

On the offensive side, i like what we are doing in the run game and the passing game is progressing. TT needs more WR weapons next year. This is not a negative on Woods and Hogan, but they are average players. We need one more playmaker in the passing game so TT has Watkins who is always double covered, Clay over the middle, but one more big WR.

Look at the cardinals last night. How do you cover a good TE, but between Floyd, Brown, and Fitzy, and a solid running game, it is near impossible to stop them. I know TT is not Palmer, but it will make it easier to open up the passing game.

As far as defense, in the next two years, Rex is going to bring in guys and push out guys that fits his mold. As much as I hate seeing Mario go, and not a fan of letting top talent go, they have to hit on replacements that fit that 3-4. The ground and pound with that mold opening up the passing game is not a bad method like seattle. We basically need to look to replaicate the Seahawks play. We have the QB to do it. That team is dangerous right now. no one wants to play the Seahawks right now.

My apologies if I misinterpreted the post. I just don't understand why he had to single out Kiko. As I posted, I have not heard or read anything about Kiko saying anything negative.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/09/kiko-alonso-itll-be-fun-to-face-bills/

“Naw, man, it’s another week,” Alonso said, via the Philadelphia Daily News. “It’ll be fun because, obviously, I know those guys. … The fact that I got traded for [McCoy] has no relevance at all. It’s really just, the guy’s a great player. We’re going to have to be on top of our game and run to the ball and play sound football to stop that guy.”

IMO - That is how Shady should have responded to playing the Eagles.

Agreed. You could see how Shady was emotional in his interview and how that led to him saying some things he really shouldn't have said. Hopefully he learns from it and moves forward better prepared.

What has Kiko done to deserve this comment? He's always been classy and as far as I've heard/read, he's done nothing against the Bills or their fans.

Some people. :bag:

Alright, it wasn't McCoy and Felton, but Kiko's overpursuit helped us there on the Dizzy Gillespie TD run.