My personal reasons for rooting for Tyrod to be "the guy"

- Yes I love the offense production

- Yes I love the live arm

- Of course I love the big play potential he brings to the field with is feet

But that is only part of it for me.

To me Tyrod is the opitome of working class blue collar type guy

- Gets passed over at draft time by being a victim of unfortunate circumstance......drops several rounds because he refuses to be anything but a quarterback

- Sits behind a franchise QB for years.....

- Signs with us with absolutely NO committment of being the starter......knows he is gonna have to work for it

- Makes it happen

There is nothing silver spoon about this guy.......in my mind this endears him to the fans (at least it does to me)

It is widely talked about that the leadership qualities of Tyrod are off the charts......when I watched him walk over to Karp when he missed that kick

but

A take charge guy and not afraid to get into someones *#*$ like when he barked at Gragg for not getting lined up

He commands respect. To me its like he is replacing the leadership of Fred Jackson on this offense.....which frankly is where it should be....with the quarterback. Not a self entitled 1st round silver spoon multi million dollar baby but a guy that leads by example (like the way he led the way on those runs by Shady yesterday)

There is a lot to like about Tyrod Taylor....I am a fan....for many reasons.

- Gets passed over at draft time by being a victim of unfortunate circumstance......drops several rounds because he refuses to be anything but a quarterback

- Signs with us with absolutely NO committment of being the starter......knows he is gonna have to work for it

- Makes it happen

There is nothing silver spoon about this guy.......in my mind this endears him to the fans (at least it does to me)

It is widely talked about that the leadership qualities of Tyrod are off the charts......when I watched him walk over to Karp when he missed that kick

but

A take charge guy and not afraid to get into someones *#*$ like when he barked at Gragg for not getting lined up

He commands respect. To me its like he is replacing the leadership of Fred Jackson on this offense.....which frankly is where it should be....with the quarterback. Not a self entitled 1st round silver spoon multi million dollar baby but a guy that leads by example (like the way he led the way on those runs by Shady yesterday)

No one was giving TT commitment to being the starter in the offseason.

Go back and listen to Rex Ryan's presser

he is the guy

That's not what I meant. You said, "- Signs with us with absolutely NO committment of being the starter......knows he is gonna have to work for it"

No team was giving him that commitment.

- Makes it happen

but

I had the thought that he is like the new Fred Jackson. Even if he's not the answer forever he can hold down the fort long enough for them to draft and groom a future superstar QB if one ever happens to be there.

Still wary that someone is going to put enough film together to figure out a defense to shut him down, but I'd say my biggest concern about him coming in was accuracy, just based on college stats.... And that concern is long gone.