Kujo demoted?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He drafted a DROY candidate in his first year who he later flipped for Shady, an OROY candidate the year after who would be more highly regarded if they gave him the ball more, and a DROY candidate this year who already looks like a top CB, not to mention a would-be OROY candidate who scored a TD in his first 6 games as a pro. He leveraged the Kujo pick with a low-risk pick in Seantrel who has been up and down, but can still develop into a quality RT.

I don't know man, I think he is doing a fine job adding talent both through the draft and free agency.

It's all Rex Ryan's fault. After all, Rex messed up this season for Whaley and just hasn't used players correctly.

In all seriousness, Whaley doubled down on Manuel far too much for him to ever have much credibility for building a NFL team. This is this guy who told us about "QB purgatory?" What kind of GM says that?

I'd say one that knows his tenure (unlike the homer/non-hater crowd) is over unless they make the playoffs and do it with his draft picks. Because everyone at OBD knows who the players advocated for by Rex and those by Whaley.

But wasn't it rumored that one of the big fights between Whaley and Marrone had to do with Marrone's refusal to use Kujo? If so, and if a second coaching staff has reached the same conclusion, it's not looking good for Doug. And by the way, EJ was a similar battleground for those two, and a similar result has occurred...

Whaley is hanging by a thread in my estimation, fair or not.

It's all Rex Ryan's fault. After all, Rex messed up this season for Whaley and just hasn't used players correctly.

In all seriousness, Whaley doubled down on Manuel far too much for him to ever have much credibility for building a NFL team. This is this guy who told us about "QB purgatory?" What kind of GM says that?

I'd say one that knows his tenure (unlike the homer/non-hater crowd) is over unless they make the playoffs and do it with his draft picks. Because everyone at OBD knows who the players advocated for by Rex and those by Whaley.

Seems like quite a bit of conjecture here.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I didn't realize 4th place (at best!) was considered a candidate. Are the Dolphins AFCE winning candidates right now?

Come on, Chan. Sammy was a shade under 1k yards as a rookie and was very much in the conversation for much of last year. Was he at the top? No. But he was on every voting list for OROY throughout the season.

One who understands the reality of the situation? The Bills aren't bad enough to tank, meaning they're not going to get a shot to draft the next Luck with the first overall pick. They also don't have a franchise QB on the roster which means they're not winning year in and year out. That's what he meant by that statement, and it's an accurate description of where the team stood heading into this season.

Come on, Chan. Sammy was a shade under 1k yards as a rookie and was very much in the conversation for much of last year. Was he at the top? No. But he was on every voting list for OROY throughout the season.

One who understands the reality of the situation? The Bills aren't bad enough to tank, meaning they're not going to get a shot to draft the next Luck with the first overall pick. They also don't have a franchise QB on the roster which means they're not winning year in and year out. That's what he meant by that statement, and it's an accurate description of where the team stood heading into this season.

He didn't get a single vote Greggy. He was the 4th best WR and nowhere near the top for OROY.

Gregg Rosenthal @greggrosenthal

Beckham was not that close to unanimous in rookie OROY voting. Beckham got 42 votes, Zack Martin got 7, Mike Evans 1.

He didn't get a single vote Greggy. He was the 4th best WR and nowhere near the top for OROY.

Gregg Rosenthal @greggrosenthal

Beckham was not that close to unanimous in rookie OROY voting. Beckham got 42 votes, Zack Martin got 7, Mike Evans 1.

I didn't say he was the top. I said he was in the conversation, every week, and he was.

I didn't say he was the top. I said he was in the conversation, every week, and he was.

According to who? Hack NFL writers? He made some big plays in his rookie year no doubt. But he was not a serious candidate to the voters who actually matter, as evidenced by the vote count.

Edited by FireChan

Do serious candidates need to get a single vote?

No. I'm not arguing he was the ROY, just that he was in the conversation. Which he was, and that was reflected on the weekly list of candidates for the award. How many votes he got or didn't get doesn't change the fact he was in the conversation. His numbers back that up as well.

Bust city.. This whiff hangs squarely on Whaley.

Nope. Layup pick at the time. Analysts and fans alike were on board with it. They don't all work out. You hang it on the GM when they make the cute pick over the layup pick and it doesn't work. For example, Mike Williams was a fine pick. Nobody's fault. Whitner, Troup and TJ Graham were cute picks.

No. I'm not arguing he was the ROY, just that he was in the conversation. Which he was, and that was reflected on the weekly list of candidates for the award. How many votes he got or didn't get doesn't change the fact he was in the conversation. His numbers back that up as well.

Yes the 4th best WR in his class, not to mention the Pro-Bowl OG and the two decent rookie QB's. 4th in the running at best. The Chris Christie of OROY.

Also "in the conversation,"

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/12/bill_polian_says_bills_coach_doug_marrone_coach_of_year_candidate.html?hootPostID=f3c6c10e8bb9be206c043dbff2ef09ea

Edited by FireChan

Yes the 4th best WR in his class, not to mention the Pro-Bowl OG and the two decent rookie QB's. 4th in the running at best. The Chris Christie of OROY.

Also "in the conversation,"

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/12/bill_polian_says_bills_coach_doug_marrone_coach_of_year_candidate.html?hootPostID=f3c6c10e8bb9be206c043dbff2ef09ea

6-10, 9-7 = 15-17 record after two years. I'll bet you right now Rex tops that by the end of year two. We can make it interesting, signature bets, avatar bets, whatever tickles your fancy. :beer:

6-10, 9-7 = 15-17 record after two years. I'll bet you right now Rex tops that by the end of year two. We can make it interesting, signature bets, avatar bets, whatever tickles your fancy. :beer:

Only if we take off one win for every $2M of dead money we have for every player he cuts to "fit his scheme."

But wasn't it rumored that __________

I loves me some post based on rumors and suppositions.

... and if a second coaching staff has reached the same conclusion ....

And then double down on the rumor by adding conjecture (the if) that the current staff has reached the same conclusion.

...And by the way, EJ was a similar battleground for those two, and a similar result has occurred....

And add more guesses (we really don't know what happened between DW and DM).

Whaley is hanging by a thread in my estimation, fair or not.

Very possible. But your arguments are based on what you think happened behind the scenes at OBD. Pegs will make his decisions on what he knows (surely more than you or I know) happened at OBD.

I'm not calling DW dead man walking.. primarily because what I know, he's built a pretty good roster without raping the piggy bank (to much).

Only if we take off one win for every $2M of dead money we have for every player he cuts to "fit his scheme."

:lol: Come on, where's the courage? The Bills are sitting at 5-6, everyone thinks their season is over. This should be a layup bet for you if you're so certain Marrone is the better coach.

I loves me some post based on rumors and suppositions.

And then double down on the rumor by adding conjecture (the if) that the current staff has reached the same conclusion.

And add more guesses (we really don't know what happened between DW and DM).

Very possible. But your arguments are based on what you think happened behind the scenes at OBD. Pegs will make his decisions on what he knows (surely more than you or I know) happened at OBD.

I'm not calling DW dead man walking.. primarily because what I know, he's built a pretty good roster without raping the piggy bank (to much).

You're right, I'm not there, I don't have direct, first-hand information. You win, nicely done.

:lol: Come on, where's the courage? The Bills are sitting at 5-6, everyone thinks their season is over. This should be a layup bet for you if you're so certain Marrone is the better coach.

I was just kidding, of course I'd take that. FYI you automatically lose if RR is fired halfway through next season.