This season 100% comes down to coaching, nothing more

Virgil

Too simplistic IMO. It comes to to every facet of the game including coaching.

Exactly. So many people want to find a singular source of blame for our losses and there isn't one.

Each game has been different but the common themes are:

1.)Coaching: Lack of discipline. Poor playcalling on both sides of the ball. Clock management, etc

2.) GM: not building a roster that fits the schemes of the coaching staff. Not adding depth

3.) Injuries: The offense was seriously challenged by key injuries in the first half of the season and now the defense is having those same issues

4.) QB: Taylor has played well in stretches and not well in stretches. The hope is that he continues but more needs to be done to address the position going forward.

5.) Depth: Our depth players have not been good (for the most part). Our Linebackers suck (or atleast suck in Rex's system). Our Safeties have been a disappointment once Aaron Williams went down. Graham is OK at best. Rambo has made a couple big plays but overall has been bad. Duke is terrible.

6.) Stupid/selfish Penalties. I listed this under coaching but the players need to be accountable as well. Hughes should be fined a game check for every 15 yd penalty.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best posts Ive ever read on here.

In terms of the Bolded parts:

1) Rex complained about Carpenter in Preseason after he had been gold for 2 years with the Bills. That already gave me a bad vibe about this fraud.

2) Boobie Running a sweep was one of the stupidest calls Ive ever seen.....Maybe not. How about the first play of the year? How about the Robert Woods running play? How about the 20 yard loss on a 2pt conversion yesterday? How about.....Nevermind, I could go on forever.

thank you fredex22; I hate to be so critical of the team I love, but these things are painfully obvious. I'm almost tempted to write an open letter to the Pegulas with a cc: to Brandon

2 challenges didn't cost us the game. The defenses inability to tackle, fill their gaps, cover, or rush the passer more than cost us that game.

If the first Maclin catch got overturned, not really sure they would have moved the ball further again, they sure wouldn't have had the short field to punch the ball in and score. That one entirely could have changed the game. The Hogan one would have at least kept us alive, but its not like we would throw to Sammy in the 2nd half anyways....

Exactly. So many people want to find a singular source of blame for our losses and there isn't one.

Each game has been different but the common themes are:

1.)Coaching: Lack of discipline. Poor playcalling on both sides of the ball. Clock management, etc

2.) GM: not building a roster that fits the schemes of the coaching staff. Not adding depth

3.) Injuries: The offense was seriously challenged by key injuries in the first half of the season and now the defense is having those same issues

4.) QB: Taylor has played well in stretches and not well in stretches. The hope is that he continues but more needs to be done to address the position going forward.

5.) Depth: Our depth players have not been good (for the most part). Our Linebackers suck (or atleast suck in Rex's system). Our Safeties have been a disappointment once Aaron Williams went down. Graham is OK at best. Rambo has made a couple big plays but overall has been bad. Duke is terrible.

6.) Stupid/selfish Penalties. I listed this under coaching but the players need to be accountable as well. Hughes should be fined a game check for every 15 yd penalty.

Not too sure what else Whaley could have done this offseason without putting us into too much of a cap hell. I think it was a wait and see approach. Don't worry through I am sure there are going to be some uncomfortable releases for the fans coming up this offseason though....

I 100% disagree.

This was a poorly assembled roster by Whaley who blew assets and grossly overpaid for skill positions yet negleted the o-line and QB. He also negleted adding quality depth to an aging and declining defense. This really is an 8-8/9-7 roster.

So we are going to disregard that Whaley tried to get o-lineman (by all accounts maid top dollar offers to several) but they chose to stay with their current teams....

Also, what QB would you like? Its so easy to say that he neglected it, but how would you have gone about it different this year?

I'm sure there are plenty of other things that could be changed that could make a difference. I'm sure that Aaron Rodgers would make a difference. JJ Watt, better Refs, etc....

But I truly believe that a more competent coach would be enough to put us where we should be, firmly in control of a Wild Card spot.