America 1935-1945

Beerball

Try the app "Whatwasthere" very cool. Allows you to locate a building or area where you are located and "see" through your phone what was there (some locations have multiple dates of the pictures) Line up the image on the screen against what is in front of you and you can see what was changed over the years. its free, give it a try if you like history.

Looking through those for pictures of the old Bell and Curtiss manufacturing lines, I never realized exactly how much war work was performed in WNY. I knew it was an airplane manufacturing center, but never heard of how many subassemblies and parts they made in the different plants (never even heard of the Chevy plant converted to aero-engine production - six months ahead of schedule, no less.)

I might just take some time to research and maybe write a book on the full scope of WNY's war work.

Looking through those for pictures of the old Bell and Curtiss manufacturing lines, I never realized exactly how much war work was performed in WNY. I knew it was an airplane manufacturing center, but never heard of how many subassemblies and parts they made in the different plants (never even heard of the Chevy plant converted to aero-engine production - six months ahead of schedule, no less.)

I might just take some time to research and maybe write a book on the full scope of WNY's war work.

I have a suggestion for the dedication page. :rolleyes: