Bills called first about McCoy?

Just heard on Sunday Night Football that they said the Bills called about McCoy? This is the first time I've heard this and have heard it was the other way around. Still not in favor of this trade as a shifty back can be found much cheaper (we should have went after Sproles). Of course the way Rex is coaching we would be whining about how bad Alonzo would be playing.

Just heard on Sunday Night Football that they said the Bills called about McCoy? This is the first time I've heard this and have heard it was the other way around. Still not in favor of this trade as a shifty back can be found much cheaper (we should have went after Sproles). Of course the way Rex is coaching we would be whining about how bad Alonzo would be playing.

If he were healthy he's the exact kind of versatile, play making LB this defensive scheme sorely lacks

Yeah but would want to give up young star for old OVER paid one?

Kiko: Games missed in NFL career due to injuries: 21 of 39

Shady: Games missed in NFL career due to injuries: 8 of 103

Sure, Shady gets banged up. And he suffered a catastrophic leg injury in high school. That was nine years ago. Kiko has suffered three of those in the past five years. I think Shady has another three years in him. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see that being the case for Kiko.

You bet I make that trade, despite the fact that the wife and I have matching Kiko jerseys.

Edited by Felonious Monk

If he were healthy he's the exact kind of versatile, play making LB this defensive scheme sorely lacks

But he's rarely healthy and that factored heavily into the decision to trade him.

Sproles

Sproles is overrated. There's a reason he keeps bouncing from team to team.

Sproles

In your scenario we would have Kiko on IR and Sproles(assuming he would sign here) as opposed to Mccoy. I'd rather have McCoy than Sproles and Kiko on IR at this point. Before you say 'who knew Kiko would get hurt?, I'm just doing this revisionist thing like you are.

In your scenario we would have Kiko on IR and Sproles(assuming he would sign here) as opposed to Mccoy. I'd rather have McCoy than Sproles and Kiko on IR at this point. Before you say 'who knew Kiko would get hurt?, I'm just doing this revisionist thing like you are.

I wouldn't say "knew," but I had a high degree of suspicion that he would. That he got hurt that soon was more surprising.

And let me clarify my comments on Sproles. As a complementary RB, he's fine. But he's not a featured RB and you still need a workhorse. He is what Spiller is/likely will become.

Referring to McCoy as simply a "shifty back" that can be found for much cheaper is really ignoring the reality of what McCoy has accomplished in the NFL.

McCoy finally seems healthy and the explosiveness he has is sick. Im a huge Fred Jackson fan, but Fred has nothing on McCoy.

Yesterday on Sunday Night Football I saw Kiko on the sidelines with no equipment! Actually he let me see him with no equipment.

For what he is doing in Buffalo can be done cheaper and perhaps even better!!

He's been injured and you know that. Lets see how it plays out.

Percy/Watkins/Clay/McCoy have all underperformed for various reasons: injuries to them, or injuries to their QB, and/or injuries to the OL.