Wisdom of Albert Haynesworth?

vegas55

Let me say I am in no way a fan of Albert - no way. But several months ago he penned a letter to his 16 year old self, in part explaining all the mistakes he made. One of the biggest mistakes he said he made was leaving the Titans to sign a huge contract with Redskins. Despite the fact that his greatest attribute was his combination of size and quickness, which made him such an impactful player with Titans. Redskins defensive scheme called for him to be more passive, tie up O lineman and allow linebackers to make the plays. He went several times to coaches and management saying in effect why pay me all this money to bring me here to do just this. Lots of guys can do that, that's not what makes me unique.

The point of course is that Ryan appears to be using his high price D lineman in a similar fashion. Mario and Kyle dropping into coverage so often? Is that playing to their strength? I know that's not why they get paid the big bucks.

One other tidbit from Albert's letter - another regret he had in leaving the Titans was that he said he left behind a defensive genius and the best defensive coach he ever had - Jim Schwartz.

This was well discussed IN previous threads several months ago.

How could the main point of the post been discussed "several months ago" ? Nobody, including you, had any idea how Rex was going to use his D lineman. The entire point of the post that Alberts talents were wasted by the wrong scheme. At that point in time, "several months ago" nobody had any idea that Rex was going to have Mario or Kyle drop into pass coverage so often. Certainly not Mario or Kyle, and certainly not you.

Instead of policing this board for any perceived or imagined repetitive discussions, why don't you spend your efforts towards actually posting something of value.

It is related to the other discussions still active with Shwarts vs Ryan talk IN them.

may the "Shwarts" be with you too RichVP.....

How could the main point of the post been discussed "several months ago" ? Nobody, including you, had any idea how Rex was going to use his D lineman. The entire point of the post that Alberts talents were wasted by the wrong scheme. At that point in time, "several months ago" nobody had any idea that Rex was going to have Mario or Kyle drop into pass coverage so often. Certainly not Mario or Kyle, and certainly not you.

Instead of policing this board for any perceived or imagined repetitive discussions, why don't you spend your efforts towards actually posting something of value.

a very good & valid point. Too many self-anointed Board police looking to follow some sort of protocol; God forbid a topic discussed again after several months, under different circumstances & context, be suggested for a new discussion.... :doh:

Exactly. It's a valid comparison to our situation, and a good twist about Schwartz.