Putin may well be a genius.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He hasn't thought it through. He's still laughing at dead pilots.

Oh, what's this, a really stupid unprovoked attack? Practice what you preach stupid

Umm which alliance is turkey a part of?

Why would you ask me that? In the context of my question to kool aid, you are making my point for me, which I know you did not want to do.

When you celebrate pilots being murdered, even Russian pilots, and I respond that's not an attack.

It's highlighting your barbarity.

You grow more stupid by the day. I was laughing at the thought that he was genius for bombing people--I see you have no objection to that?--and not getting away with it.

You are a loser because you have to try to hard for a gotcha :beer:

You grow more stupid by the day. I was laughing at the thought that he was genius for bombing people--I see you have no objection to that?--and not getting away with it.

You are a loser because you have to try to hard for a gotcha :beer:

No one is playing gotcha. I'm playing, "you're an !@#$", which you are and your posts here demonstrate. You have no clue what you're talking about half the time, and when people start dying you're the first to start laughing.

You're a toad.

To what? Fire everyone up for an attack on Turkey?

I don't know what putin is thinking. I don't know enough about his intentions, strategy and goals.

It's impossible for me to do more than just speculate that it won't will certainly increase tensions and may affect more than just this theater.

I think Putin is trying to cause tension with NATO and drum up support at home to create a nationalistic mentality of us vs them. I can't go into details for what putin may do in response or what he feels justified in using application of combat forces against turkey, NATO. Etc...

What I think is it just significantly upped the ante.

Hey super genius, when you are done laughing at more dead people let me know your take.

Hey super genius, when you are done laughing at more dead people let me know your take.

His only take is to laugh at people dying and completely misunderstand the situation, context, and event itself.

Emergency NATO session assembling in Brussels. On top of the plane and chopper, the Russians also lost a drone:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/25/world/europe/turkey-syria-russia-military-plane.html?referer=https:/www.google.com/&referer=https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/3u2o44/turkey_says_it_warned_russians_repeatedly_about/&_r=0

No one is playing gotcha. I'm playing, "you're an !@#$", which you are and your posts here demonstrate. You have no clue what you're talking about half the time, and when people start dying you're the first to start laughing.

You're a toad.

Did you cry over the Russian pilots? Whatever

I don't know what putin is thinking. I don't know enough about his intentions, strategy and goals.

Ok, I guess that's why you are throwing out ridiculous theories on what he is doing :doh:

I don't laugh at them dying and make celebratory posts about their deaths, no. Because I'm not an !@#$.

You are saying I was directly laughing at their deaths? That's totally stupid

I know this was linked in an article in another thread, but here's a YouTube video taken by the rebels destroying the downed chopper with an ATGM TOW while the Russians searched for the pilots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IschF-ihjS0&feature=youtu.be

Of course you were, but backtrack if you'd like. You took glee in it, still are. Because you're repugnant.

If you want a real laugh you can google image the downed pilot and see his corpse, or what's left of it. It's out there making the rounds but I'm not going to repost it here. I'm sure you'll get a HUGE laugh about it.

Whether Putin is a genius or not is irrelevant to me but I disagree with those who think he has some wonderful strategic plan - what he has been doing is reacting tactically to Western actions, some of the tactics are pretty clever but he is not setting the agenda.

Ok, I guess that's why you are throwing out ridiculous theories on what he is doing :doh:

I threw out a disclaimer that I was making my own speculations because you are being an idiot about it I tried to qualify my earlier statements.

Keep laughing, there might be a lot of more dead people soon.

Thanks for your insight

Whether Putin is a genius or not is irrelevant to me but I disagree with those who think he has some wonderful strategic plan - what he has been doing is reacting tactically to Western actions, some of the tactics are pretty clever but he is not setting the agenda.

No, he's acting within a larger strategic plan.

Really...the naval expansion currently underway, the annexation of the Crimea, propping up Assad in partnership with the Iranians, the steady probing of NATO ADIZs with strategic forces. All of that is indicative of a larger strategic direction, and none of it is reactive to any Western policy.

Really...the naval expansion currently underway, the annexation of the Crimea, propping up Assad in partnership with the Iranians, the steady probing of NATO ADIZs with strategic forces. All of that is indicative of a larger strategic direction, and none of it is reactive to any Western policy.

Exactly.

The Annexation of Crimea was in response to a Western supported coup , Russia has had strong relationship with Syria since the mid 1940s and has two of it's very few foreign soil military bases located there so the reaction to take steps to defend those bases shouldn't surprise anyone, if anything NATO has moved eastwards towards Russia in disregard to promises made during the Gorbachev era and both sides test each others air defenses.