2nd half Giants at Bills

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely agree with that. But it's painful to watch the Bills play directly into the refs over-zealousness to be seen on TV 35 times a game.

I agree with that, but until these plays are reviewable, it's a crap shoot that a perfectly legal block is going to result in a 15 yard penalty. There's no way to challenge this, and the refs are just not calling it by the book.

It sucks, but it's a fact of life right now in the NFL. Usually chop blocks are designed in run or screen plays. Those have to be removed to remove risk of a penalty being called (see Clays' penalty from the Colts game). And when the line is pass blocking, they have to be coached to stay away from rushers who are being engaged by another offensive lineman.

Even if they make penalties reviewable, the refs will still probably get it wrong, like when the Giants supposedly intercepted the ball without their player touching the out of bounds line.

Yea but they need to shut their mouths. I get that some of the calls are questionable but does yapping really solve that problem? No. Shut up and go play football. Is Mario getting personal fouls? Kyle Williams? No. They seem to be able to keep their cool, yet somehow Jerry Hughes can't shut up and does something stupid, without fail.

Yeah but the questionable calls keep happening multiple times every week. They start out with good intentions, keep their mouths closed then the refs get involved with questionable calls, at what point are they allowed to voice their displeasure? Were frustrated as fans, I can't imagine the frustration level of guys putting out max effort only to be shot down time and again by questionable calls and oh by the way when other teams have questionable calls they have the flag picked up?

All any athlete wants is a game to be called even, whether the ref/ump/official is horrible for both teams or calls it good for both teams all they want is be consistency bad or good. A blind man could see the inconsistency that goes against the Bills week in and week out.