Name a Star after your Valentine

taterhill

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what. I will name the sun and nine planets for you for a fee of 50$. I will record your name along with the Sun and/or planets with the US Copyright Office, and send you a certificate.

Let me give you my paypal account.

239021[/snapback]

Sorry, it's looking for a password. Can you give me your paypal password too? I'll send the money once I get it.

Ranks right up there with Chia Pets and Pet Rocks. Except at least you have a rock or a hairy clay thing for your money. Most of the stars they name are not even visable without a telescope. Also consider that while THEY may name some star after you, the scientific community does not recognize them, or any other group in the world for that matter. So what's the frickin' point, other than to waste $50 bucks?

PTR

• 4 weeks later...
Is this the single most ridiculous idea ever or what? Why the !@#$ would anyone spend $54 on something they can have for free? Oh...so it will be placed forever in the International Star Registry?

You're better off buying your valentine a Chia Pet shaped like Scooby Doo.

Reminds me of when I was a solid C- student in Jr. High and got a letter announcing that because of my tremendous academic prowess, I was selected to the Who's Who Of American Students, and I was going to be mentioned in a book. And I should get multiple copies of that book at $35 each to give to my family members. :o  0:)  0:)

God, I wish our country didn't have so many morons in it.

238662[/snapback]

It is much easier to just say "Here is $54. Now go over there and lie down." :)

Do you mean there aren't scientists right now at Los Alamos talking about a phenomena sighted near "Cuddle Bunny," and a potential planet encircling "Schmookie Poo?"  :o

238669[/snapback]

Nope, you wasted your money! 0:)