We have clamored for it....now I just hope that

Dear Bills Mgt.

Please don't become TOO excited about Losman's fire, cannon arm, and mobility

For his first year.....let him run much the facilitator role that Bledsoe did last year........work to improve the line, feature the ground attack.....and put JPL in a position for success rather then failure

Ride in the car with him for a while before you turn over the keys for good

For his first year.....let him run much the facilitator role that Bledsoe did last year........work to improve the line, feature the ground attack.....and put JPL in a position for success rather then failure

238562[/snapback]

I'm sure that's the plan, slow & steady...

though it's only a matter of time IMO before he starts lighting things up. :devil:

With the rumors being that Ben R's success in Pitt has played a role in this decision, I'm sure it has also been recognized by Bills mgmt. that Pitt did not put Ben in the position where he alone had to win games for them.

Let others carry the load while JP learns and matures in the role. Just ask that he keeps the mistakes to a minimum.

I'm sure that's the plan, slow & steady...

though it's only a matter of time IMO before he starts lighting things up. :devil:

238568[/snapback]

Actually....I think that is going to happen to. His mechanics may not be very good yet but nobody disputes Losman's cannon or his mobility

I think the big thing we are going to see early next year is the difference in the way defenses will try to get to Losman as compared to Bledsoe

Teams blitz the hell out of Bledsoe to try to get him on the run and out of the pocket

they wont do that to Losman....they are going to try to contain him IN the pocket....which means more time for receivers to come open

I think one of the biggest factors to ensuring JP's success is the offense itself. The players. They will need to support him as well. I'm not talking the lip service in the papers. I'm talking they have to accept that he is the man. And he in turn must take that role and back it up. He needs to take charge of the line, the WR's, backs,...it's his car now. No matter how simplified the playbook is modified to.

In the end, it's up to JPL.

Dear Bills Mgt.

238562[/snapback]

Wow! I should come here more often. We were just going to hand it over to JP but after reading this I have seen the light! Thanks. Anybody else have any useful advice while I'm here?

We'll see how things turn out. Plenty of folks here blasted those posters who were surprised/astounded when they made the trade and the choice of JP in the first place. Some of those who blasted are now descring the appearent decision to give him the starting job.

Go figure.

Fact is, these days you don't draft a qb so high and not start him soon. That pick costs a lot of $$$. You get no return on investment when the wonder child rides the pine. Manning came in in place of Warner. Brees did well - if not the screams would have echoed in SD to start Rivers. Cincy's Palmer replaced a Kitna that had a fine 2003 season. Last week some were bashing Vick, and others pointed out how he filled the stands and fattened the tv ratings.

Right or wrong, the Bills picked JP.

Give the player the practice snaps and the pre-season play.

No balls no glory...

this whole thing is really weird to me...as frustrating as it has been to watch bledsoe, i think the bills are crazy to grant him a release rather than make him stay here and MAKE him compete for his job. i mean sh--, what are we going to do when our p.o.s. o-line(probably won't get upgraded this year either...bills seem to think it's not really that important) gets losman killed? you know it's going to happen the way that kid runs around. and at least with bledsoe, you know he can take a hit (all but one, at least).

mark my words, losman is going to miss at least 6 games....either he will get himself clobbered, or our line will. then what? charlie batch?

it's already looking like another year with no playoffs...

Dear Bills Mgt.

238562[/snapback]

Addressing the LG spot via F/A is a must. I wouldn't mind look for depth in the OL via the draft, but the Bills need a proven player to insert at LG. Ditto for LT if Jennings leaves.

Addressing the LG spot via F/A is a must.  I wouldn't mind look for depth in the OL via the draft, but the Bills need a proven player to insert at LG.  Ditto for LT if Jennings leaves.

238723[/snapback]

For some reason I think Jennings is going to stay.....but I would drop him like yesterdays newspaper if he prices himself as a "Elite" Left tackle....he is a very good one and should be paid accordingly.....

But if he does not give us the opportunity to bring in a very good left guard next to him then I will help him pack his bags