9/20/15 Bills second half game day thread

Beerball

Nah.. Not trying to kick anyone while they're down, my friend. I'm p!ssed like the rest of us. I'm pretty sick of the Pats continuously embarrassing this team and city. I think we were either unprepared for this game, or just not good enough. I think it's the former. The penalties were inexcusable (esp silly the personal fouls). The fact that our defense gave up 40 was inexcusable. The fact that TT was sacked (how many times) was inexcusable.

Happy we fought back. Love to see it and I hope that is a great sign for times to come. I love the team. Go Bills. I love the swagger. But we are still an average team until we can win big games. Talent-wise, we can run with the best of them. I was hoping Rex had us ready. He didn't.

It is. Theye lost, so you come in with "talking smack" as an excuse because it doesn't jive with your personality. Kick 'em while they're down.

Go ahead and analyze what went wrong on the field. I encourage that. Unnecessary penalties, like the one that dropped us from the 30-something all the way back to beyond the 50. Weak pass protection. Holding the ball too long. Etc.

Coming in to the thread and attacking the pre-game statements is WEAK. Just a knee-jerk reaction. It sounds like you just don't like Rex. If you're going to blame one person (as crazy as it is), it should be Aaron Williams, honestly. He's the one who said it was personal and then couldn't control himself on the field. I hope he's ok.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, if you think pregame talk had any bearing on what happened between the white lines, you're kidding yourself.

Disagree. New Engl*nd is the definition of an internally motivated team. Always have been.

I agree with you that the talking didn't have any bearing on what happened on the field. I'm just disappointed that we couldn't back up the talk. Rex claimed to have us ready. We were not ready on any side of the ball. I'm a believer that the coach has to take the fall. Rex did some talking. He let the team do some talking. The media was all over it. It's not a coincidence that the media follows Rex around. So be it. But we couldn't back it up. We made huge mistakes. We were undisciplined. To me, that falls on Rex. Maybe I'm the minority here.

I never thought Chandler Jones was going to be great. I'm wrong a lot. But I agree Tyrod was getting invaluable game experience! The sky is not falling. I wanted to pull Shady, but then realized that was giving up and I'm glad they didn't do that.

I felt the same thing. I think the comeback was revitalizing and allows us folks reasonable hope

I agree with you that the talking didn't have any bearing on what happened on the field. I'm just disappointed that we couldn't back up the talk. Rex claimed to have us ready. We were not ready on any side of the ball. I'm a believer that the coach has to take the fall. Rex did some talking. He let the team do some talking. The media was all over it. It's not a coincidence that the media follows Rex around. So be it. But we couldn't back it up. We made huge mistakes. We were undisciplined. To me, that falls on Rex. Maybe I'm the minority here.

Listen to Rex's press conference. He takes the full blame. But the talk had no bearing on this game whatsoever. Lamenting about it (when there are so many other things that are legit to complain about) is just silly.

Nope. its on Rex. it always is on Rex Ryan. i agree he might have gotten the team over excited.

Confidence will be better served with wins. we all agree about that :thumbsup:

Chandler jones had a field day with Glenn by the numbers. but Tyrod moved outside when his blocking was pushing the rusher outside too. Today was tyrod learning

Teams with good front 7s are going to be a bad matchup for our O. I was talking about this before the game. Pats, Jets, Cincy, Dallas, KC, and Houston are going to give Tyrod trouble as they contain him and allow their DBs to double up. He had to step up and make throws today, but he was sliding into pressure. Like you said, a good learning experience. I'm not sure he has the ability to consistently make those throws. If he has to wiggle around pressure and look over the DL, he's gonna sail some passes, like we saw today.

It is. Theye lost, so you come in with "talking smack" as an excuse because it doesn't jive with your personality. Kick 'em while they're down.

Go ahead and analyze what went wrong on the field. I encourage that. Unnecessary penalties, like the one that dropped us from the 30-something all the way back to beyond the 50. Weak pass protection. Holding the ball too long. Etc.

Coming in to the thread and attacking the pre-game statements is WEAK. Just a knee-jerk reaction. It sounds like you just don't like Rex. If you're going to blame one person (as crazy as it is), it should be Aaron Williams, honestly. He's the one who said it was personal and then couldn't control himself on the field. I hope he's ok.

Again, my frustration comes from not backing up the talking.. There's nothing weak about that complaint. We were not prepared for a huge game. We have been incredibly undisciplined in the last two games. Some might blame AW (and yes, I hope he is ok)... But I blame Rex for not having his guys playing disciplined ball. How many personal fouls does Belichick's team take?

I was expecting more from the team and more from Rex. I thought we were more ready to play. I'm not attacking simply the pre-game statements. I'm attacking the talk not being backed up. We hung in. It was a strong effort at the end... But too little, too late. We ultimately weren't ready to play ball today. This loss hurt, plain and simple. I'm hoping Rex pulls the guys together and gets everyone on the same page.

Again, my frustration comes from not backing up the talking.. There's nothing weak about that complaint. We were not prepared for a huge game. We have been incredibly undisciplined in the last two games. Some might blame AW (and yes, I hope he is ok)... But I blame Rex for not having his guys playing disciplined ball. How many personal fouls does Belichick's team take?

I was expecting more from the team and more from Rex. I thought we were more ready to play. I'm not attacking simply the pre-game statements. I'm attacking the talk not being backed up. We hung in. It was a strong effort at the end... But too little, too late. We ultimately weren't ready to play ball today. This loss hurt, plain and simple. I'm hoping Rex pulls the guys together and gets everyone on the same page.

What talk wasn't backed up? They said they wanted to win. They said they didn't like the P*ts. I'm pretty sure both those statements still hold for the team and players. You're making an issue out of something that didn't impact the game. Why not focus on the mistakes that actually did make a difference in the outcome on the field instead?

Well, there you go. Rex has never had a problem taking the blame.

They had a while to game plan, but it was still the second game. Had the Pats shown those red zone audibles before this game where the 3 TEs split out wide? I believe those specific plays were new and they put us in bad match-ups. At least they went to Chandler twice in a row. AW was all over it.

Again, my frustration comes from not backing up the talking.. I'm not attacking simply the pre-game statements. ..

Playoffs?, on 20 Sept 2015 - 1:41 PM, said:

Rex... You suck.

Keep your mouth shut next time.

Yeah you were. You can just admit you were overreacting. It's actually more respectable.

What talk wasn't backed up? They said they wanted to win. They said they didn't like the P*ts. I'm pretty sure both those statements still hold for the team and players. You're making an issue out of something that didn't impact the game. Why not focus on the mistakes that actually did make a difference in the outcome on the field instead?

We're not connecting here. To be very clear: we didn't lose simply because of pregame talk. We lost because we were not prepared today, and we were incredibly undisciplined. I do believe we were the more talented team, and I believe we could've won. That falls on the coach. Thus Rex did not back up the pregame talk. And read my previous posts... I have absolutely focused on mistakes made on the playing field and with the coaching staff. From the start, all I said was this "shut your mouth next time, Rex." (As in, get your team ready next time.. Get them disciplined... And let your actions do the taking.)

Bottom line... The Bills did not handle themselves like professional athletes out there today. They looked like a bunch of undisciplined jackasses and that has always been a knock on Ryan coached teams. I certainly hope they get their **** together sooner rather than later. How many total yards did we have in STUPID penalties again today?