Gilmore on Gronkowski

Agent 91

What had he done? Had he used lbs safeties soft zones? What can i expect?

I am not smart enough in how I watch football to know. I have seen it posted around here that Gronk has been fairly limited when he has played against the Jets. In eight games against Ryan’s defenses, Gronk has 39 career catches for 461 yards and five touchdowns.

That's about 4.5 catches, 57 yards, and a .6 TD's a game. And considering how the Jets secondary was oblitrated last season for 2 of those games I would say Ryan has done a decent job against Gronk. He hasn't shut him down but he has seemed to handle him well for such a dangerous player.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very logical except wouldnt that moreso the case because of the athletic edge. Gronk seems to shift the paradigm in terms of what a big tight end can do. He is an anomaly and i would wonder what those same stats are for Gronk. Your point might hold true but it would be interesting none the less

Top 3? Top 3rd maybe. Ill even say to 10-15 but 3? That sounds quite lofty

If Gilmore plays the rest of the season like he did last week he is probowl caliber. To me it's just to small a sample size right now

I think it's more the diving shoulder tackles.

Basically what he said is how I feel.

In regards to Gilmore, Its just my opinion, its not trolling. I dont feel he has lived up to his 10th pick status. Lets hope the Bills kill the Patriots and Gilmore proves me wrong.

Edited by fredex22

Basically what he said is how I feel.

In regards to Gilmore, Its just my opinion, its not trolling. I dont feel he has lived up to his 10th pick status. Lets hope the Bills kill the Patriots and Gilmore proves me wrong.

It's absolutely trolling when you don't answer any questions but expect folks to answer yours. You say you don't feel he's "lived up to his 10th pick status" (even though you've said previously his good play is "just doing his job") but you haven't given ANY specifics as to why you feel that way or what he needs to do to improve. Leaving aside that your analysis is severely silly (and it is), you could at least try to give reasons why you feel this way.

Because I feel that in the 3 years he has played for the Bills he has missed some assignments, is oft-injured, takes bad angles on tackles, takes bad penalties.

I believe Ive written a few times that its just my opinion. I dont need to justify it to anyone. You guys see the potential in the boy. I am all in with the BILLS. But IMO, he will have to show more for me to sit here and read all the love you guys give him for basically doing nothing special on defense.

You can have the last word. I believe that all you posters are good guys and we want to see the Bills lift that Effin Trophy that has eluded them for decades.

All the best

Because I feel that in the 3 years he has played for the Bills he has missed some assignments, is oft-injured, takes bad angles on tackles, takes bad penalties.

I believe Ive written a few times that its just my opinion. I dont need to justify it to anyone. You guys see the potential in the boy. I am all in with the BILLS. But IMO, he will have to show more for me to sit here and read all the love you guys give him for basically doing nothing special on defense.

You can have the last word. I believe that all you posters are good guys and we want to see the Bills lift that Effin Trophy that has eluded them for decades.

All the best

Thats a good response. I made this thread in hopes of understanding why people would give him that assignment when thats what i thought we got lawson for. For the most part this was a GREAT turnout and I am glad that there are such knowledgeable fans both in buffalo and on this blog. I appreciate the participation.