NY Post AFCE Review

TPS

I really think sportswriters have it wrong. Not just in their projections but in how they look at a team. I've heard over and over again, "but they have no QB" and, while that is somewhat true, it ignores a major point.

QB play, without question, is the biggest asset to have an the one position that is mostly responsible for offensive success. So they have that right. But what they're missing is that Tyrod (or whomever) doesn't have to be better over an entire season than other QBs. He simply has to be better during each specific game to get a win.

Last year the Bills won more than the lost with Kyle friggin' Orton manning the helm. How did they manage that? Well, the Bills D help opposing QBs to a 75 passer rating on the season. Even Orton can manage to be better than that on most days. So during the actual games the Bills played Orton ended up being the better QB on the field that day more often than not. That translated to more wins than losses.

I really think sportswriters have it wrong. Not just in their projections but in how they look at a team. I've heard over and over again, "but they have no QB" and, while that is somewhat true, it ignores a major point.

QB play, without question, is the biggest asset to have an the one position that is mostly responsible for offensive success. So they have that right. But what they're missing is that Tyrod (or whomever) doesn't have to be better over an entire season than other QBs. He simply has to be better during each specific game to get a win.

Last year the Bills won more than the lost with Kyle friggin' Orton manning the helm. How did they manage that? Well, the Bills D help opposing QBs to a 75 passer rating on the season. Even Orton can manage to be better than that on most days. So during the actual games the Bills played Orton ended up being the better QB on the field that day more often than not. That translated to more wins than losses.

I feel the same way about TT. Our D should dominate. My one concern is CB. I believe Darby will be good but there may be some growing pains along the way. If they can be overcome them this D will be invinceable. In REX we trust. Go BILLS