Week 1: Colts' Game Preparation - Are You Ready?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm of the same mind. There's a scenario where this could get really ugly for the Colts. Luck is really good, but the team is soft.

I also think we will hammer them good. Similar to the 41-7 throttling of the Chiefs a few years ago. Everyone is talking about the Colts as a Super Bowl contender but I just don't see it. I think they will have a solid regular season but will get squashed in the playoffs like last year. We'll see I guess.

@SalSports

Bills DC Dennis Thurman: Indy very talented at all the skill positions, not just QB

Thurman: Darby has right temperament. We will have a game plan for him. But he has to have his own game plan.

Thurman when asked if he will have things up his sleeve for Colts: checks sleeve and says, "right now I have only sweat up my sleeve."

Thurman on prepping for Luck: "He can do it all. Can read the entire field."

Thurman on Corbin Bryant playing for Dareus: "he's performed at a high level. We don't expect much of a drop-off, if any."

@ChrisBrownBills

DC Dennis Thurman confirms that Corbin Bryant will start in place of the suspended Marcell Dareus Sunday. #Bills

@TyDunne

Bills RB coach Anthony Lynn says No. 2 RB battle ongoing between Karlos Williams/Brown but that Williams was on track to be 2 before inj.

Lynn added that all of his backs, Williams included, look healthy. Thinks time off could've actually helped LeSean McCoy.

@buffalobills

Last one to leave the practice field. #TyrodTime

COZOZ6uWgAA_DCD.jpg

@mikerodak

Bills RB coach Anthony Lynn says that Karlos Williams earned No. 2 job in training camp before injury and is expected to return to that role

@SalSports

Bills OC Greg Roman on read option: People know plays I'll run with Tyrod. You have to be selective on those types of plays.

Roman: Cassel best suited at this moment to be backup QB. But we feel confident in EJ. See where it goes down the road.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills OC Greg Roman: We're not going to live and die by the read option.

@TyDunne

OC Greg Roman says it's "definitely a concern" that the skill-position starters didn't play much together in training camp.

@SalSports

Roman on not knowing if McCoy will play: You always have to prepare for both scenarios at all times. Even during games. You never know.

@SalSports

Roman on Tyrod: "He's not seeing this stuff for the first time. He's seen a lot in four years at Baltimore.....I love his preparation."

More Roman on Tyrod: not worried about lack of starting experience. "It's a football game. Chalk up the field wherever you want and go play"

@JaySkurski

Greg Roman: "There's not a lot I don't love about Tyrod." #Bills

@SalSports

Roman on Tyrod: "He's not seeing this stuff for the first time. He's seen a lot in four years at Baltimore.....I love his preparation."

More Roman on Tyrod: not worried about lack of starting experience. "It's a football game. Chalk up the field wherever you want and go play"

@JaySkurski

Greg Roman: "There's not a lot I don't love about Tyrod." #Bills

Great stuff. I'm expecting a final score that combines for close to 60 points, 35-27 good guys....

Watkins: I’m ready to play

Sammy Watkins was among a handful of Bills receivers who were back practicing Tuesday. Watkins along with his fellow receivers were nicked up with various injuries through the course of the preseason, but Watkins insists he’s ready to go Sunday against Indianapolis.

“I think I’m ready to play,” said Watkins. “For the most part it’s just about getting mentally and physically prepared for this game and enduring some physical battles. So I think I’m in shape. I’m ready to go.

@mikerodak

Expect Rex Ryan to name game-specific Bills captains, which could mean Richie Incognito calls toss Week 3 in Miami: http://es.pn/1KCJ251

@TyDunne

The countdown to gaining chemistry is on for the #Bills offense. Offense hasn't played much together: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/09/08/countdown-to-gaining-chemistry-is-on-for-bills-offense/

@mikerodak

DBs coach Donnie Henderson says Bills' top pick Ronald Darby has "been a exposed a little bit" http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/20690/bills-ronald-darby-has-been-exposed-but-coach-loves-his-mentality

Bills DBs coach Donnie Henderson floated one idea to me: putting Darby -- with help -- on top WR, and Gilmore on opponent's 2nd WR.

Donnie Henderson on Bills CB Ronald Darby: "He understands getting his head around, he does that quicker. Now it's going to get the ball."

@JohnMurphyShow

In studio with #Bills guard Richie Incognito tonight at 730pm @68Incognito

Hall of Fame RB @thurmanthomas live with us tonight at 810pm-Phone in your comments and questions about the 2015 #Bills 888-550-2550

We're giving away 4 tickets tonight to #Bills vs Colts this Sunday. Tune in and find out how to win

@TyDunne

New at the BN Blog: #Bills QB coach David Lee on Tyrod Taylor ... "It was burning in him" http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/09/08/qb-coach-on-tyrod-taylor-it-was-burning-in-him/

#Bills QB coach David Lee: "He gives us that added dimension. It’s a 12th man on offense."

Sammy Watkins: "I'm In Shape, I'm Ready to Go" (4:28)
The Bills wide receiver talks about how he's feeling, being on the same page with Tyrod Taylor, and having his brother on the team.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@BuffaloBillsPR

.@buffalobills DT @CBryant198, slotted to have a large role on the #Bills defense Sunday, will be on @WGR550 tomorrow morning at 8 AM.

@PSchrags

Bills and Rams are going to the playoffs this year. And, then the Rams move to LA. That and more predictions here: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/phiadelphia-eagles-sam-bradford-peter-schrager-nfl-10-bold-predictions-090815

@TyDunne

The countdown to gaining chemistry is on for the #Bills offense. Offense hasn't played much together: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/09/08/countdown-to-gaining-chemistry-is-on-for-bills-offense/

@mikerodak

DBs coach Donnie Henderson says Bills' top pick Ronald Darby has "been a exposed a little bit" http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/20690/bills-ronald-darby-has-been-exposed-but-coach-loves-his-mentality

Bills DBs coach Donnie Henderson floated one idea to me: putting Darby -- with help -- on top WR, and Gilmore on opponent's 2nd WR.

Donnie Henderson on Bills CB Ronald Darby: "He understands getting his head around, he does that quicker. Now it's going to get the ball."

This is what I have been thinking would be the best thing to do. Put Darby on the smaller, faster Hilton and give him a little help and Gilmore alone on the bigger, stronger Johnson.

This is what I have been thinking would be the best thing to do. Put Darby on the smaller, faster Hilton and give him a little help and Gilmore alone on the bigger, stronger Johnson.

I like the plan because Andre Johnson is too big, too physical, and far too experienced for Darby. Hilton with help makes much more sense IMO.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I like the plan because Andre Johnson is too big, too physical, and far too experienced for Darby. Hilton with help makes much more sense IMO.

Luckily, the two guys behind Johnson and Hilton aren't very big. Moncrief (6'2) and Dorsett (5'9). It should make things a little easier for Darby when Hilton is put in the slot against Robey.