IF(I say again, IF) EJ does well against Pittsburgh's D...

Well it wasn't me. 6 out of 10 as in slightly above average or B/B-. You guys act like his play has been some sort of revelation. The buzz around the league is Tyrod Taylor. the discussion around the league is Taylor vs. Cassel. EJ is not starting against Indianapolis on September 13th. And when he doesn't, what is YOUR excuse gonna be? Of course I've watched the games, I have the NFL Network. I had what is, I can assure you, a legitimate excuse for not watching the second game live.

We're all Bills fans, why do we do nothing but argue on here? It's so weird.

:lol: Families always fight.

No excuse from me. He should have started camp as strong as he's finished.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

More reasons:

-It'll be because he don't do it against the starters, who will somehow magically come in the second Cassel takes the field, thus explaining Cassel looking Meh.

-Pittsburgh will be attempting a novel 7-7 drill concept, but they failed to tell the Bills, who will have 11...but the success will be mitigated when the Bills are called for having too many men on the field, the refs having assumed that 7 was the right number somehow.

Conversely, can we also list the excuses that people will make if he does poorly? How many players and coaches can we put the blame on if EJ doesn't have a good showing today?

If EJ comes out and realy sh*ts the bed, I can't think of any. It's the third preseason game of his third year. I've been defending him for a long while and he's no longer our only hope, he's finally with the OC I one said "is the only one who can salvage him", the O-line starters have looked decent, and Woods and Freddy, the two players he's most comfortable with will be back.

If this truly is the end of the experiment, I think I'll finally accept it.

I mean, obviously. I haven't made one excuse for his 6 out of 10 play so far in limited preseason action. Yet I've seen droves of excuses made FOR him- line play, bad snap, third stringers, blah blah blah. This is becoming embarrassing as a member of this website.

yet you are following his play count?

Watch the games on NFL rewind is all I can offer. It will help as seeing is better than reading a transcript or play by play

EJ was bad? Have you seen Tom Brady's 1st QTR's? Man he's been bad!!!

oh wait.. I'd say that regardless. :lol:

...what will be the top excuses we hear that attempt to marginalize his success?

Having taken a look at them on film, and reading local analysis, I have a few:

1. Pittsburgh's LBs suck.

Harrison has been brought back and is starting. So is Arthur Moats. None of their new guys are playing well enough to take these spots away. So, right here we have a prefabricated excuse == no pass rush/made screens easy/running game set up passing game...I mean, you can pretty much take this one anywhere.

2. Pittsburgh's CBs suck/are hurt, and their Safties are terrible.

Sorta the same thing as the LB excuse, but, if EJ uncorks another 51 yard TD, like he did at the game I was at against Carolina? What else can they say but the DB who gave up the play is completely awful/going to be cut?

I have a few more, but, I'd rather hear from you. I do have a rather bizzarre one which I will codename Nancy. If I hear Nancy this upcoming week, I'm going to laugh my ass off. Hint: it involves Pittsburgh's O.

One final time, for those that struggled with reading comprehension in my last thread: this is in no way a prediction that EJ will do well. This is a fun exercise to see if we can predict what will be said by those who will remain nameless, in case EJ does well, and their butthurt continues.

Well...

I've heard two different local talk show guys actually try to make the point that EJ playing well is a bad thing for the Bills... :huh:

I mean...I'm not predicting anything...And I don't expect much...But seriously...Your 1st round QB playing well is a bad thing?...I thought at that point I had heard it all... B-)