London Fletcher wanted to punch out JP Losman

Why did he dislike Rivers? I can understand him wanting to punch Cutler, and maybe J.P., but Rivers always seemed like a good guy.

I've always thought Rivers looked like a huge douche. Of the three he's the one that annoys me the most.

The group dynamics of sports are exceptionally stupid. Tom Brady is cocky. Jim Kelly was cocky. I'm sure as sh-- that Peyton Manning has probably always been cocky. We like these guys when they are cocky and they succeed, or when they've "earned it" in our eyes. For the record, Jim Kelly brought the Bills their greatest success, and exactly zero titles. He has our love now.

Also, most 22 year olds are dicks. Without exception. Even the nicest ones. They are the center of their own universes. Add "normal 22-year-old" to "NFL athlete" and I am certain you've got one of the most toxic mixes of self-importance you can possibly imagine, because you have a person on the cusp of peak athletic prowess who hasn't yet been conquered, schooled, and taught that they aren't the center of the universe. And most pro athletes have to have an outsized opinion of themselves and their abilities just to make it. Cockiness is part of the game.

So if that's part of the game -- and it is -- and it's a character trait embodied by just about anyone who puts on an NFL uniform, I assert this: anyone who thinks Troy Vincent was in the right for taking out a teammate -- even a guy most people would like to punch if they had a fair shot -- is an idiot.

Losman was what he was -- raw, mishandled and likely destined to fail no matter what. He probably was cocky that first year. He was probably not good enough to survive as an NFL starter. I'm not sure what physical violence beyond the boundaries of the game taught him, and I think Troy Vincent was a lousy teammate. Fletcher, I'm on the fence about as he really produced for the Bills and far beyond his tenure here. I think it's really dumb of him to have taken the bait on this question, however entertaining.