John Clayton Just Answered My E-mail on ESPN Radio

AirBledsoe11

John Clayton Just Answered My E-mail on ESPN Radio!! Bledsoe to Dallas?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Huddle" Radio show on ESPN radio just answered my e-mail on the air!

I hope some of you heard it!! IF NOT here is the recap......

I asked about When the Bills were going to release Bledsoe and If he will be a cowboy...

John Clayton and the two other hosts all responded with the same basic message.

They all felt starting Losman is going to set the Bills back a year or two and are very surprised they are even considering not starting Bledsoe after the strong finish.

John Clayton said he spoke with Drew's agent David Dunn this week and he told him that the Bills have NOT asked Bledsoe to take a paycut. It appears the team was just trying to decide whether they wanted Losman or Bledsoe and not about the $$.

Clayton went on to say that this is going to happen quickly and we will know by next Sunday What Drew is going to do.

All three of them agreed that Drew will land as a starter this year in the league and said that Dallas's QB situation is in flux. While none of them came out and said "Bledsoe will be a Cowboy", they also sounded like it would not be a surprise if he ends up starting in Dallas this year.

They drove home the point that he WILL land on his feet with another team in the NFL..

I love when I hear these guys talk like they're experts about the Bills. I guarantee that if they had watched every play of every Bills game (as the people on this board do), for the past 2 1/2 years, they wouldn't say the things that they say.

i heard that segment, i even sent a question to john clayton asking him if we should go with losman or we could address the qb situation in free agency but i dont know if they read it cuz they cut the show off and put a hockey talk show

im fed up of this stupid strike

i heard that segment, i even sent a question to john clayton asking him if we should go with losman or we could address the qb situation in free agency but i dont know if they read it cuz they cut the show off and put a hockey talk show

236984[/snapback]

Usually you can listen to shows again after they are over on ESPNRadio.com. Just go to the page for the particular show and click on the listen to it link.

... cuz they cut the show off and put a hockey talk show

236984[/snapback]

Ha ha ha...A hockey talk show.

What is the point of having a hockey talk show? The show makes as much sense to me as the players union and the owners do...none!

They all felt starting Losman is going to set the Bills back a year or two and are very surprised they are even considering not starting Bledsoe after the strong finish.

236972[/snapback]

does that idiot clayton even watch any football? strong finish by drew? you mean that "strong finish" against the steelers' 2nd and 3rd stringers in a must win situation?

someone who REALLY knows a little something about the bills, vic carucci, was on sirius NFL radio today talking about how it makes perfect sense for the bills to cut bait w/ bledsoe. the "pittsburgh model" w/ big ben has given them confidence that with a great defense, special teams, and running game they can put losman in a position to succeed early on.

I love when I hear these guys talk like they're experts about the Bills.  I guarantee that if they had watched every play of every Bills game (as the people on this board do), for the past 2 1/2 years, they wouldn't say the things that they say.

236983[/snapback]

That's a good point, I like Clayton and a lot of national guys, but sometimes you cant tell a lot about a team unless u watch every game.

I'd like to here what Jaws says cos he breaks down a lot of film.

All three of them agreed that Drew will land as a starter this year in the league and said that Dallas's QB situation is in flux. While none of them came out and said "Bledsoe will be a Cowboy", they also sounded like it would not be a surprise if he ends up starting in Dallas this year.

They drove home the point that he WILL land on his feet with another team in the NFL..

Dude... you're probably a very nice person... just like Drew Bledsoe is. Having stated that...

You have got to get over the fact that Drew Bledsoe flat out sucks and will never again be more than a marginally competent starter in the NFL. What the hell does "land on his feet" mean??? Jiminy Crickets.... If any NFL GM even considers paying Bledsoe the NFL minimum, I would consider that "landing on his feet". How many of us can make $650K per yr. to under-perform? Considering what a piece of sh-- he is as a QB, he will be extremely lucky to even be on an NFL roster come September.

So...dude... get over it... As an NFL QB, Bledsoe is as done as a Turkey left in a blazing deep fryer for 10 hours. Set your self free Bud and stop apologizing for this loser.

does that idiot clayton even watch any football?  strong finish by drew?  you mean that "strong finish" against the steelers' 2nd and 3rd stringers in a must win situation?

someone who REALLY knows a little something about the bills, vic carucci, was on sirius NFL radio today talking about how it makes perfect sense for the bills to cut bait w/ bledsoe.  the "pittsburgh model" w/ big ben has given them confidence that with a great defense, special teams, and running game they can put losman in a position to succeed early on.

237004[/snapback]

It's not too far-fetched to talk about a strong finish with Drew. If we had one that one game I bet you the opinion on this board would be far different. Of course that loss is enough to make me jump off of the SS. Bledslow instead of continuing the course on it.

How many of us can make $650K per yr. to under-perform? Considering what a piece of sh-- he is as a QB, he will be extremely lucky to even be on an NFL roster come September.

So...dude... get over it... As an NFL QB, Bledsoe is as done as a Turkey left in a blazing deep fryer for 10 hours.  Set your self free Bud and stop apologizing for this loser.

237012[/snapback]

Underperform at 650K a year? He's playing in the best league where only the most elite talent-wise even get to sniff at being on a team's roster. The only reason he looks bad at times is because of the highest level of competitors besting him.

He may not at this point worthy to be a starting quarterback, but he most certainly has enough talent to be a back-up. This idea that he is done as an NFL QB is ludicrous.

The whole strong finish is smoke and mirrors if you ask me. I mean look at the record of the teams we were playing, and you will find why we did so well. I hope Drew goes to the 'boys so they can suck again next year.

237044[/snapback]

Yeah in retrospect it was, but the opinion on this board was completely different in regards to Bledsoe when we were winning those games. People who were saying we would be better off with Losman at this point were being attacked for being unrealistic. The Bills were winning these games against these losing teams by huge margins, but that's what good teams do against poor competition. You don't see margins much bigger than that during the season. Do you really expect the Bills to win 70-7 in those games? Would that have made them not tricks of smoke and mirrors? Bledsoe was a substantial part of victories against three playoff teams. If things had gone differently against Pittsburgh, depending on Bledsoe's performance in the playoffs, the opinion on this board including mine would have been very different, you can't deny that. Just look at the archives...

Yeah in retrospect it was, but the opinion on this board was completely different in regards to Bledsoe when we were winning those games. People who were saying we would be better off with Losman at this point were being attacked for being unrealistic. The Bills were winning these games against these losing teams by huge margins, but that's what good teams do against poor competition.  You don't see margins much bigger than that during the season. Do you really expect the Bills to win 70-7 in those games? Would that have made them not tricks of smoke and mirrors?  Bledsoe was a substantial part of victories against three playoff teams. If things had gone differently against Pittsburgh, depending on Bledsoe's performance in the playoffs, the opinion on this board including mine would have been very different, you can't deny that. Just look at the archives...

237050[/snapback]

My fault. Bledsoe did an excellent job of handing the ball to WM. I stand corrected. Look at Bledsoe stats during that stretch he was no more a part of them winning than I am.

My fault. Bledsoe did an excellent job of handing the ball to WM. I stand corrected. Look at Bledsoe stats during that stretch he was no more a part of them winning than I am.

237052[/snapback]

I didn't say he was the deciding factor in most of these games just that he played an important role. That doesn't mean that other QBs couldn't have done the same, but he was playing a real role. We did have some semblance of a passing game in many of these games.

Again, I want the Bills to go with Losman or someone else opening day next year but my main point is that people totally changed their outlook on that one loss at the end of the season.

In general, I just think you Bledsoe-bashers are right about our need for a change but the excessive exaggeration of the situation probably does more harm than good in your effort to convince the remaining holdouts. If your goal is just to radicalize each faction, I apologize for the criticism.

I didn't say he was the deciding factor in most of these games just that he played an important role. That doesn't mean that other QBs couldn't have done the same, but he was playing a real role. We did have some semblance of a passing game in many of these games.

Again, I want the Bills to go with Losman or someone else opening day next year but my main point is that people totally changed their outlook on that one loss at the end of the season.

In general, I just think you Bledsoe-bashers are right about our need for a change but the excessive exaggeration of the situation probably does more harm than good in your effort to convince the remaining holdouts. If your goal is just to radicalize each faction, I apologize for the criticism.

237057[/snapback]

All I can say is that there were plenty of bashers before the Pitt game, and a lot more after. In mind that game was the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of folks. As hard as they wanted Drew to be the savior he was supposed to be he just isn't. I wanted him to be that guy as much as you did, but I jumped ship long ago. It's time everyone else left the titantic also.

All I can say is that there were plenty of bashers before the Pitt game, and a lot more after. In mind that game was the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of folks. As hard as they wanted Drew to be the savior he was supposed to be he just isn't. I wanted him to be that guy as much as you did, but I jumped ship long ago. It's time everyone else left the titantic also.

237063[/snapback]

Enuff Said! Amen.

I really dont understand some football "experts" in the national media. After the Steelers game, all I heard was how Bledsoe was holding the Bills back and they questioned why a QB with so much experience could not complete even the most simple passes against the Steelers backups. Yet now, we get rid of him and we are screwed. The flip-flopping is quite sad.

Its like they all have ICE-syndrome!

:P

John Clayton Just Answered My E-mail on ESPN Radio!! Bledsoe to Dallas?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Huddle" Radio show on ESPN radio just answered my e-mail on the air!

I hope some of you heard it!! IF NOT here is the recap......

I asked about When the Bills were going to release Bledsoe and If he will be a cowboy...

John Clayton and the two other hosts all responded with the same basic message.

John Clayton said he spoke with Drew's agent David Dunn this week and he told him that the Bills have NOT asked Bledsoe to take a paycut. It appears the team was just trying to decide whether they wanted Losman or Bledsoe and not about the $$.

Clayton went on to say that this is going to happen quickly and we will know by next Sunday What Drew is going to do.

236972[/snapback]

Well...He'll land on his feet alright...And the Team that signs him will land in the Top 10 of the 2006 Draft...

I know everyone assumes the Cowboys, but IF they sign DB they better upgrade that O-Line in a hurry...The Boys O-Line is light years behind the Bills...And we all know the Bills O-Line is not exactly Top 10 in the League...

Drew to the Boys...Beautiful!! ;)