Buffalo Rumblings scouting report on Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

Tyrod stinks. If he starts, Bills fans will be clamoring for Cassell after week 3.

Honestly, I'd rather he sink or swim in two games we're mostly favored to lose and then go with the conservative option and wonder all year.

But if you actually read the article, it puts a lot of misconceptions to bed.

When I watched Flutie play the thing that stood out to me was how good he was at avoiding big hits. His size and style of play made this essential to any success he had. I think Russell Wilson is the same. Agile but also aware and decisive. I never really liked Michael Vick's style because he seemed unaware/indecisive too often. He'd run himself into big hits and with that comes injuries and turnovers.

That's what we do not know about Taylor and we won't until he plays against good defenses with elite defenders in tough conditions.

I certainly haven't seen that trait from TT so far.

That breakdown was OK. Not a whole lot of detail, but has the videos included.

It shows that Taylor can operate from within the pocket, so that's good. I think he's still not getting his passes out quick enough. Specifically, the comeback routes to Thompson and Goodwin. They've succeeded early in the preseason, but CBs will get the jump on those eventually.

The second third down conversion to Clay was an easy protection read and pass read. Two LBs showing blitz up the middle, Hogan and Clay running the same routes at different levels across the middle, with the safety covering Clay. All Taylor had to do was read the covering LB.

If the Browns make that play more complicated by dropping a LB or DE into coverage, Taylor can just run it. That's the beauty of T-Mobile. He's shown he can pass and run effectively in this preseason. I hope he succeeds the same way in the real games.

Running ability?

And undersized.

I am a firm believer that our offense getting to face a top 5 defense every day in practice is going to pay dividends down the road, especially for whomever it is we have starting at QB. Tyrod showed well even with the 2nd and 3rd string WR's against Cleveland's 1st team defense. I know they didn't have Hayden on the field, but Taylor still put together some nice drives against a guy who knows how to coach up a defense.

I am a firm believer that our offense getting to face a top 5 defense every day in practice is going to pay dividends down the road, especially for whomever it is we have starting at QB. Tyrod showed well even with the 2nd and 3rd string WR's against Cleveland's 1st team defense. I know they didn't have Hayden on the field, but Taylor still put together some nice drives against a guy who knows how to coach up a defense.

It was still a vanilla defense. I didn't subscribe to that mindset before the game, that Taylor would be greatly disadvantaged by having the backup WRs out there.