(OT) The Passion Recut

Rico

What a Cash Cow!

Hollywood mogul Mel Gibson will release a new, low-violence version of his 2004 surprise mega-hit "The Passion of Christ" next month. The star, dubbed Hollywood's most powerful figure since the huge success of the low-budget, graphically gory film, is trimming five to six minutes of violent scenes ahead of the film's March 11 reappearance on US screens, Daily Variety reported Thursday.

The original film raked in 370.2 million dollars in its North American run that began on Ash Wednesday one year ago, but Gibson noted that many people had avoided the film because of its grisly portrayal of Jesus Christ being tortured by Roman troops. "There has been quite a demand by the religious community to bring (the film) back for Easter," Bruce Davey, Gibson's partner at Icon Productions, told Variety.

You know this new version will also come out on DVD as well.

CHA-CHING!

also just a throw in.

I wish I had the link but check out all the happened while this movie was filming.

Scary stuff....

236869[/snapback]

I saw Jim Caviezel on the Bob Costas HBO show promoting the Bobby Jones movie. He said he was a big Vikings fan and during the filming of The Passion he would jump off the cross after scenes and run over to a computer to check the score of the Vikings game. The image of Jesus checking the score of the Vikings game cracks me up.