50+ passing attempts tonight?

RCOHEN13

the 1 thing that Tyrod brings to the O that would really make a huge difference is with an O that will run the ball alot in reg season, we will see alot more 3rd and 4's and 3rd and 3's etc.. by having a good running game, good TE and good WR's, if play isdefended well, Taylor has shown he can easily make the play with his feet and moves the sticks.

I'm so tired of watching the Bills with 3 and out's which we all too common and missing out on 3rd and mid ranges last yr and in yr's past, that having a mobile QB can really be crucial in moving the chains.

Last preseason was series after series of 3 and outs. It was beautiful to see our O in 1st half moving the ball drive after drive. Cassel's didnt result in points but led to a FG attempt that im sure if Carp was there would have been dead center thru uprights and also that AWFUL PI penalty on Mulligan that nulified a beautiful 14-15 yard catch and run to Sammy. Both Qb's looked solid last week.

i'll be fully on board with whomever Rex decides as our QB. i just foresee too many nail bitter games with Cassel and relying too heavily on the D. You cant win every game 20-17. We r bound to let a few games slip away.

This is the best chance in more than a decade to win the division.

I really hope Tyrod shows some poise in the pocket, hits the plays he should hit and makes something out of nothing when a play breaks down. Cuz in a yr where we are "all in" u need the guy with the highest upside to start. having Cassel as the #2 would be more comforting knowing that at worst , our backup can keep us in games if Tyrod falters

Let this sink in for a second: I was starting middle school the last time the Bills made the playoffs, I am now a Professional Engineer with a full time job...

The guys on the GR pregame show, known idiots, are saying that we may not pass very much at all, and it will be 70% runs. Partly because they don't want a no name RB missing a pass block and getting a QB hurt. Not sure I believe that. I think Roman wants to see how Taylor reacts, he wants to see how the offensive line pass blocks and run blocks and carries out their assignments, he wants to see who plays well between Hogan, Goodwin, Thompson and Davis, he wants to see which of the backup TEs can play, etc. I think we see pretty much the same game plan but will roll Taylor out a lot to not get him creamed.

thx for the update. It would make NO SENSE to do the 70% run thing... There is sooooo much left to evaluate QB's. and even if they have to use Felton and Conner as pass blocking back, so be it... Let me know we are passing, and see who can make plays!

I couldnt care what the score is as long as we see progress at QB. Our D is a known entity. Last yr, who knew... new scheme? new DC? maybe we just over achieved yr b4?

We are now coming off 2 wonderful seasons on D with PROVEN play makers and several up and comers. Hope they play 2 maybe 3 series max... no need to risk an injury with Rex in charge and the talent we have. Rather have a Wynn go to IR then Mario!

As they did with Darby last week.... Throw the QB's to the wolves... Show them u are throwing and see who (if any can step up). If ANY of them did, it would be HUGE for their confidence and for us frustrated fans. It would be really nice for tonite for a QB to really step up so he can handle first team reps through practice here on out and the #2 can work with 2's and rapports can be built.

Keeping my fingers crossed! so happy this game is on national TV and dont have to listen to the AWFUL pre-season commentators. I;d rather listen to my dog bark!

Let this sink in for a second: I was starting middle school the last time the Bills made the playoffs, I am now a Professional Engineer with a full time job...

I was in early 20's and now i'm semi reitred at 35! lol

Wear on the arm?

Too much risk for getting hit makes sense.

too much risk??? we will have 3 QB's splitting the game. Maybe 4 if Simms gets mop up time... this isnt MLB with pitchers coming off tommy john surgery and limiting his ptich count. We have 3 QB's which means we have no QB!!! throw them to wolves! use a FB in backfield as pass protector instead of RB with 3 days in camp if need be.. groud and pound will do practically knowing for staff in evaluating team. Trying to figure out who your 6th RB is? even if the OL creates holes, these guys dont matter. Would u truly care if any of these joes rushed for 120 yards and 2 td's??????? The problem we need solved is a QB. This will either keep us in mediocre land, and lead us to playoffs...

If wanting to win is wrong, then I don't want to be right!!!!

:thumbsup:

thx for the update. It would make NO SENSE to do the 70% run thing... There is sooooo much left to evaluate QB's. and even if they have to use Felton and Conner as pass blocking back, so be it... Let me know we are passing, and see who can make plays!

I couldnt care what the score is as long as we see progress at QB. Our D is a known entity. Last yr, who knew... new scheme? new DC? maybe we just over achieved yr b4?

We are now coming off 2 wonderful seasons on D with PROVEN play makers and several up and comers. Hope they play 2 maybe 3 series max... no need to risk an injury with Rex in charge and the talent we have. Rather have a Wynn go to IR then Mario!

As they did with Darby last week.... Throw the QB's to the wolves... Show them u are throwing and see who (if any can step up). If ANY of them did, it would be HUGE for their confidence and for us frustrated fans. It would be really nice for tonite for a QB to really step up so he can handle first team reps through practice here on out and the #2 can work with 2's and rapports can be built.

Keeping my fingers crossed! so happy this game is on national TV and dont have to listen to the AWFUL pre-season commentators. I;d rather listen to my dog bark!

I was in early 20's and now i'm semi reitred at 35! lol

too much risk??? we will have 3 QB's splitting the game. Maybe 4 if Simms gets mop up time... this isnt MLB with pitchers coming off tommy john surgery and limiting his ptich count. We have 3 QB's which means we have no QB!!! throw them to wolves! use a FB in backfield as pass protector instead of RB with 3 days in camp if need be.. groud and pound will do practically knowing for staff in evaluating team. Trying to figure out who your 6th RB is? even if the OL creates holes, these guys dont matter. Would u truly care if any of these joes rushed for 120 yards and 2 td's??????? The problem we need solved is a QB. This will either keep us in mediocre land, and lead us to playoffs...

Honestly, i can appreciate your logic.

The Browns secondary is so depleted, and now that Gilberts out.... Bills might have chance

But seriously folks.

This could be a fine and needed opportunity to sort the O line out too.

Considering none of the RB's that will be dressing tonight for Browns game even have a chance to make team, I for one, REALLY hope they let the QB's air it out and really try and showcase themselves to better evaluate who will be starting QB.

It's a pre-season game where all our RB's are out, and probably our top 3 WR's may miss as well. Which could actually make it a bit easier for coaching staff to evaluate being that guys like Hogan, Goodwin, Thompson, Lewis and A. Davis may all see action with both Tyrod and Cassel cuz our 2nd team WR's will also be our starting WR's.

I kinda feel bad for Tyrod, being this has to be the biggest game of his football career so far and even though he's "starting" he will be lining up against opponents 1's on D, and not having any of his starters at the skill positions with the exception of Clay. Obviously having the 1st team OL should help, but "starting the game" without the real starters, Shady, Sammy, Woods/ Percy will surely not make it a "true" start...

I'm hoping Tyrod can show patience in the pocket and complete some nice intermediate and deeper throws and not turn ball over. Also really hoping Cassel plays well with possibly the same offensive unit as Tyrod (minus the 1st team OL) but has big edge that he will be going up against Browns 2nd team D with virtually the same skill set weapons at his disposal.

As for EJ, at this point i dont even know what to think of him anymore. He has shown glimpes of being able to make some great plays like that pin point pass to Thompson for TD last week, but misses way too many of the simple plays which kills too many drives.

Hopefully Roman lets the QB's throw and not ground and pound with the QB's in desperate need of every extra oppurtunity to show what they can do and just mix in some runs here and there. If they do this, it may be a blessing in disguise that Shady, Freddy, Bobbie, Brown and Williams arent out there cuz there really is next to nothing to truly be evaluating in regards to the RB's. Only chance ANY of the 3 RB's playing tonight have chance at roster is via practice squad anyway.

Here's to hoping for 50+ passing attempts tonight so we can all dissect every single drop back!!

RC

UPDATE! Cassel is NOT even playing tonight per rotowire. They commented saying Bills brass are hopeful that Taylor can take the 1st half and win starting job! Probably gonna see EJ for whole 2nd half

Yeah. I was saying "wear on the arm" doesn't make sense. If you want to argue that they're at risk of getting sacked more (maybe injured), that makes more sense.

:thumbsup:

Honestly, i can appreciate your logic.

The Browns secondary is so depleted, and now that Gilberts out.... Bills might have chance

But seriously folks.

This could be a fine and needed opportunity to sort the O line out too.

If they're passing more, we want Gilbert in, lol. He's been getting burned throughout practice.

Edited by LeGOATski

Yeah. I was saying "wear on the arm" doesn't make sense. If you want to argue that they're at risk of getting sacked more (maybe injured), that makes more sense.

If they're passing more, we want Gilbert in, lol. He's been getting burned throughout practice.

I know Goat : D

time to listen to WGR.

Go Bills !!!!!!!!!!!!!!