NFL Sunday ticket without dish

Ctbill59

I was quite happy to be able to get the NFL ticket online without a subscription to direct TV. For $199 im able to watch it on my Mac, iPad, or phone and able to use my Chromecast to project on the TV. The only reason I think I'm able to do it this year is because of the AT&T purchase of direct TV.

I was quite happy to be able to get the NFL ticket online without a subscription to direct TV. For $199 im able to watch it on my Mac, iPad, or phone and able to use my Chromecast to project on the TV. The only reason I think I'm able to do it this year is because of the AT&T purchase of direct TV.

I'm flagging this as SPAM.

pumping ATT?

It's total SPAM.

I can't force DirectTV to take my money. I live in a suburb of DC and there is no line of site for a dish because of all of the tall trees in my neighborhood. Even if I spent the tens of thousands of dollars to clear cut my backyard (plus whatever it costs in litigation with my HOA), I can't force my neighbors to take down their trees.

I've been totally stymied every time I call them to request streaming service only.

You still need to live at a "verified" address to get this service, which basically means an apartment.

It's not open to anyone. Plug in your address to see the bad news--but you can always sign up for ATT/DTV!

Yeah, it still needs improving. Not sure why they won't let everyone stream if they're willing to pay.

I somehow miraculously qualified as "eligible" (in DC) last year even though I wasn't in the eligibility areas, and it looks like it rolls over to this year without going through the eligibility hoops again. I believe even if your address qualifies as eligible, it will still deny you if you don't have the same billing address. It makes absolutely no sense...

Either way, the service was pretty decent last year. I've got 110 mbps internet, and as long as I use an ethernet chord rather than wi-fi, the picture is pretty decent. A couple times a game the picture will bust down from 720p to 480p, but that seems to be the worst of it.

I do question the OP on the "chromecast" capability though. Unless they changed it this year, you need to use the old fashioned HDMI from the laptop if you buy the 199 package (you can pay like 60-70 more to get it on the xbox/playstation).

DTV/ATT/NFL needs to fix this nonsense ASAP. They're leaving way too much money on the table in my opinion, even if they believe they're protecting their "exclusive partnership."

Edited by TheLynchTrain

I live in a house not apartment had directv for 15 years, last year when I tried to get the online Version only they said I wasn't eligible because I was able to get directv Tv at my house. This year I went online put my address is and was given permission to purchase the ticket. I don't know why this year but it might because I am a att mobile customer whatever reason i'm not complaining.