Keith Rivers retires

will never forget the Hines Ward unbelievable cheap shot on Rivers in his rookie year... was, amazingly, a legal hit at the time...not any more (hines ward rule) guy would have been ROY

whatever, short career made a pile of dough, a god at USC. he will be fine. dime a dozen.

I love that hit by Ward. It's why he was one of my favorite players. It's also why he has multiple rings instead of divas like TO and Moss.

It also goes to show how much of the crapshoot the draft is. Rivers was thought to be a really safe pick.

will never forget the Hines Ward unbelievable cheap shot on Rivers in his rookie year... was, amazingly, a legal hit at the time...not any more (hines ward rule) guy would have been ROY

whatever, short career made a pile of dough, a god at USC. he will be fine. dime a dozen.

Grotesque cheap shot. Can't help but think it changed the course of rivers career for the worse.

I love that hit by Ward. It's why he was one of my favorite players. It's also why he has multiple rings instead of divas like TO and Moss.

It also goes to show how much of the crapshoot the draft is. Rivers was thought to be a really safe pick.

It was a total cheap shot, and Ward was no where close to the player that Moss and Owens were. Some guys benefit from the teams they're on, and Ward was fortunate to play on a Steelers team that always had a great defense, good running game, solid coaching, and a probable HOF QB. Sure, he outworked Moss in regards to effort, but you couldn't say the same about TO.