Shady McCoy Charlie Sheen & the curious case of the $.20 tip

McCoy is a douche but I guess he's our douche now. Spiller was so much more likable but McCoy is the better all around rb.

I know a waitress at 716. McCoy goes there all the time. Says he is sort of a Richard but he has been tipping well.

lol. He seems like he is a Richard. And he better tip well at 716 since the Pegulas own it!

better than a guy stealing your $20 like marshawn did. Why is this even bad to stiff a waiter? the whole concept is being able to paying extra and have input on your experience rather than a restaurant charging and adding it automatically to your bill. Its called "free market".

And Im glad to see shady is saving his money and investing it wisely..... like charlie sheen.

Any player who isn't requesting a trade is typically shocked and probably a little unhappy. The post I commented on said he was unhappy he was traded to the Bills. Yes he made comments about being shocked he was traded, but not once did I hear him complain about the fact he was traded to the Bills.

this.

So claim your former coach is a racist???

I always thought the same but isn't one of the theories that service would be terrible if it were decent hourly wages, giving the servers not as much incentive to do their jobs?

The issue is the same as the NFL - those who work harder and have more native skills would want more than others but when they are older and not as effective they resist cuts, they just do not have a union which will sue about every attempt to follow rules of contract but insist that other rules such a percentage of take remain.

Anyone that leaves a .20 tip is a Richard. Might as well write a big eff you on the receipt. I can't think of a situation that would merit that. That being said, he's not here to tip his way into the playoffs.

Edited by Bad Things Man

Hi I'm new here. I love to have stars that are really great people. Haven't been too impressed with Shady's comments. But all in all, I want a winner, and can overlook a lot of things. Compared to the glory days, today's players are really under a microscope. If we knew all that went on with Bruce and Jim and Thurman etc., they might not come out smelling the best.

Hi I'm new here. I love to have stars that are really great people. Haven't been too impressed with Shady's comments. But all in all, I want a winner, and can overlook a lot of things. Compared to the glory days, today's players are really under a microscope. If we knew all that went on with Bruce and Jim and Thurman etc., they might not come out smelling the best.

Welcome to the forum, BuffJim. Thanks for your first post.

And I don't disagree. But don't get used to that. However rational and well-supported your opinion may be, someone will nearly always offer a contrary point of view.

Me too, but a guy being a bit of a dick and stiffing waitresses is a lot different from a guy who's beating his wife or torturing animals so I'm all good with McCoy.

Restaurants should pay fair wages. We shouldn't have to tip in the first place

Restaurants do pay fair wages. Tips are part of wages.

Just some thoughts:

Restaurants should pay fair wages. We shouldn't have to tip in the first place

No they shouldn't ... in an service based economy a server should be able to live on their tips. Unfortunately; the US is not accustomed to paying for service, they are trained to find the best bargain.

I always thought the same but isn't one of the theories that service would be terrible if it were decent hourly wages, giving the servers not as much incentive to do their jobs?

Yes ... do you feel get great service from your fast food servers? Obviously, there is a slight difference but a teenager making close to 10 bucks an hour(depending on location) is not more pleasant than a wait staff at a restaurant whose salary is reliant on tips.

Food margins are pretty slim as-is. Any hike in wages is going to be passed directly on to the consumer.

This statement is a little misleading it depends on type of restaurant we are talking about. In franchise environment perhaps; however, in a high scale restaurant not so much(surprisingly these are the places where servers probably do pretty well any how).

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso