Carucci: Glenn likely "odd man out" in contract extensions

Lol

"We can attack the defense from every angle, in ways theyre not even expecting. I think it just kind of gets the defense more on their toes instead of just them saying, OK, well, theyre going to hit us with this play 15 times every game. "

I think there hasn't been enough attention on the possibility of the Bills actually having a good offense this year. The offense has been so stifled for so long by Marrone's ultra-safe and predictable philosophy that I could see a 180 degree turnaround this year.

I see the Bills as being like the Seahawks or Niners teams from a few seasons ago. A team that becomes very good, very fast due to the offense catching up enough to a top defense to become a very tough team to beat.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol

"We can attack the defense from every angle, in ways theyre not even expecting. I think it just kind of gets the defense more on their toes instead of just them saying, OK, well, theyre going to hit us with this play 15 times every game. "

Pretty telling stuff. Too bad the Bills OL was not equiped to run that type of "here's what we're going to do, try and stop us" scheme....

On the other hand, the Jason Garrett comments about how the Coyboys are being built in Vic's column (build a dominant O-line) are what you can do when you've got the players to run the same play 15 times per game...

I think there hasn't been enough attention on the possibility of the Bills actually having a good offense this year. The offense has been so stifled for so long by Marrone's ultra-safe and predictable philosophy that I could see a 180 degree turnaround this year.

I see the Bills as being like the Seahawks or Niners teams from a few seasons ago. A team that becomes very good, very fast due to the offense catching up enough to a top defense to become a very tough team to beat.

It's an intriguing possibility but too many ifs for me to be confident...

If Roman is as good as some say he is and his final year in San Fran isn't the true barometer of his abilities...

If EJ or TT quarterbacks better than they've ever QB-ed before... (Or if MC QBs as good as his very best years...)

If Incognito regains his form....

If the rest of the OL plays well, not like last year...

If Harvin learns to be a full-fledged WR...

If Shady isn't beat up after leading the league in carries over the past 5 years...

If Shady is beat up then this could matter: If Freddy hasn't finally become too old for the NFL...

It's going to be interesting to watch.

It's an intriguing possibility but too many ifs for me to be confident...

If Roman is as good as some say he is and his final year in San Fran isn't the true barometer of his abilities...

If EJ or TT quarterbacks better than they've ever QB-ed before... (Or if MC QBs as good as his very best years...)

If Incognito regains his form....

If the rest of the OL plays well, not like last year...

If Harvin learns to be a full-fledged WR...

If Shady isn't beat up after leading the league in carries over the past 5 years...

If Shady is beat up then this could matter: If Freddy hasn't finally become too old for the NFL...

It's going to be interesting to watch.

All true but it isn't really that much harder to be better than last year's offense. Roman knows this is a great opportunity. EJ got awful coaching his first 2 years. Marrone benched his best G for half of a season for some reason and moved a 6'8" career T to G. He used our best wr as a decoy and never threw him screens, which he was a monster at in college.

Roman might not have us as the league's best offense. But it is going to be hard to do much worse than Marrone/ Hackett did.