How to Interpret a "QB X Could Be On Trading Block" article

1. go to the website for QB X current team

2. click on "Roster"

3. click on the POS. heading to sort by player position (no, it's not an abbreviation for Piece of ...)

4. scroll down to QB and look at who is on the roster

5. mentally remove QB X and say "if I'm (name of coach), do I want to go into the season with those guys at QB?

If the answer is "Not unless all the opposing players have severe diarrhea", QB X will not be available for trade unless an equal or better QB is signed

If the answer is "OK, I'd be good with that", proceed to step 6:

6. mentally IR the best remaining QB after QB X is gone and ask "if I'm (name of coach), do I want to complete the season with those guys at QB?

If the answer is "OK, I'd still be good with that", QB X might be available for trade.

If the answer is "Not unless all the opposing players have severe diarrhea", QB X will not be available for trade unless an equal or better QB is signed.

The exception is if the team is trying to blow itself up to draft at #1.

Let's perform this exercise for Colin Kaepernick. The 49ers have 3 QB on the roster: Kaep, Blaine Gabbert, and UDFA rookie Dylan Thompson.

Do you want to go into the season with Gabbert at QB backed up by Thompson?

I say "no, not unless all the opposing players have severe diarrhea"

Therefore Colin Kaepernick will not be available for trade unless we offer a QB in exchange that the 49ers consider equal or better or they can acquire one elsewhere.

You're welcome.

1. go to the website for QB X current team

2. click on "Roster"

3. click on the POS. heading to sort by player position (no, it's not an abbreviation for Piece of ...)

4. scroll down to QB and look at who is on the roster

5. mentally remove QB X and say "if I'm (name of coach), do I want to go into the season with those guys at QB?

If the answer is "Not unless all the opposing players have severe diarrhea", QB X will not be available for trade unless an equal or better QB is signed

If the answer is "OK, I'd be good with that", proceed to step 6:

6. mentally IR the best remaining QB after QB X is gone and ask "if I'm (name of coach), do I want to complete the season with those guys at QB?

If the answer is "OK, I'd still be good with that", QB X might be available for trade.

If the answer is "Not unless all the opposing players have severe diarrhea", QB X will not be available for trade unless an equal or better QB is signed.

The exception is if the team is trying to blow itself up to draft at #1.

Let's perform this exercise for Colin Kaepernick. The 49ers have 3 QB on the roster: Kaep, Blaine Gabbert, and UDFA rookie Dylan Thompson.

Do you want to go into the season with Gabbert at QB backed up by Thompson?

I say "no, not unless all the opposing players have severe diarrhea"

Therefore Colin Kaepernick will not be available for trade unless we offer a QB in exchange that the 49ers consider equal or better or they can acquire one elsewhere.

You're welcome.

killed it. then backed over it. just to be sure