Why would you NOT want Flutie back?

Frez

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about: because his cult of personality detracts from my enjoyment of the season.

17748[/snapback]

i had enough of him and his mullet wearing legion of fans. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

this season will be tough enough with out that distraction around. <_<

plus who would keep #7? ;)

How about: because his cult of personality detracts from my enjoyment of the season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps a lot of you don't realize that Flutie put a wind in to a lot of Bills fans sails. He was a very, very good poster boy. He had character and a lot of people felt they could relate to him.

Was he a great QB??? No. Was he an average QB on a team with a decent D? Yes. Was he a leader? Yes.....hmmmmmm....isn't that the same recipe the Pats used to win the SB in two of the last three years?

Perhaps a lot of you don't realize that Flutie put a wind in to a lot of Bills fans sails. He was a very, very good poster boy. He had character and a lot of people felt they could relate to him.

Was he a great QB??? No. Was he an average QB on a team with a decent D? Yes. Was he a leader? Yes.....hmmmmmm....isn't that the same recipe the Pats used to win the SB in two of the last three years?

17756[/snapback]

He didn't ask "Why shouldn't Flutie be back?" He asked "Why would you NOT want Flutie back?"

I don't want him back because having to listen to his fanatical following explain how he cures lepers and walks on water makes following the season an outright chore. That has nothing to do with what he does and does not bring to the team...it's simply why I don't want him back, as per the question asked.

Most poeple don't like him because of his fans? ;)  :w00t:  :huh:

I would take him for a back up in a heart beat!

17768[/snapback]

Frez... he is a terrible back-up. He is a clubhouse lawyer who by his own admission has no interest in tutoring anyone else. No one will want him; he needs to retire and get down to spending the money he managed to steal from SD.

Put down the crack pipe and back away slowly..... <_<

Most poeple don't like him because of his fans? <_<  ;)  :w00t:

I would take him for a back up in a heart beat!

17768[/snapback]

No, I don't want to watch him because of his fans, hence I don't want him back.

I don't like him because I've met him and he's a complete aѕѕhole.

And neither has anything to do with his football skills, which I think are still considerable, even at his age.

I don't want doug flutie because his name is doug flutie. He burned bridges while he was here, plus to be frank, he sucked. Then there's the fact that he made women, aged 35 and higher overtly horny. I cannot have that in my town again. NEVER EVER AGAIN!

I don't want him back because having to listen to his fanatical following explain how he cures lepers and walks on water makes following the season an outright chore. That has nothing to do with what he does and does not bring to the team...it's simply why I don't want him back, as per the question asked.

-----------------------------------

Tom, I was adding to the conversation not trying to end it like you are by trying to be right.

That's all....nothing else.

17756[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more and the fact is Flutie helped save the franchise. I know Moulds and him are still good friends. I want anyone to tell me the Bills made the right move by picking Rob freakin Wonderboy Johnston over Flutie prior to the 2001 season? He would make a good back-up and wasn't their another player in the locker room that split the team? He was not the permanet answer at QB but he was a hell of alot better than RJ. BTW we would have beat the Titans if Flutie started, Wade fuged up. Plain and simple boys you don't bench your QB that got you their ask Jim Kelly

a) he isn't any good any more.

b ) he's over 40

c) he isn't any good any more

d) all we need is this locker room cancer back on the team

e) There are probably 20 other younger, cheaper, QB's with more talent, arm strength, and upside potential that will be cut this Sunday.

f) did I mention HE ISN'T ANY GOOD ANYMORE???

PTR

Just curious............

A back up to Bledsoe?

17743[/snapback]