Bills need a LB, is Randell Johnson the next man up?

Big Randell Johnson fan here. Looking forward to watching how he develops this year.

I think that, between Lawson, Johnson, Powell, Seward, and dark horse Jimmy Gaines, they'll find 2 reliable backups to Bradham and Brown.

Agreed. I really like the stable of Lawson, Johnson, and Powell. Steward is a little later pick than Alonso or Brown, but given Whaley's track record with LBs, Im interested in seeing how this kid pans out too.

I wouldve liked to have Spikes back, but it's more for locker room leadership than for needed depth.

Also I think ( hope it's true) that Rex believes he can coach up LBs (similar to Chip Kelly and offensive weapons) and that he will get production out of guys who may not be top draft picks. With the strength of the Bills DL, it also makes LBs look better than they are on paper.

I don't doubt that when he was considering trading Kiko he thought something along the lines of -" give me McCoy instead, I'll draft a kid or use Randell Johnson to get to the same thing as i would have used Kiko for in this scheme."

Edited by YoloinOhio

Its gonna either be Randell or Manny as the backup OLB

Manny Lawson did VERY well in Pettine's scheme...which is a hybrid of Rex Ryan's scheme

as for Randell......I have been high on him since he was drafted....he looked like he was getting off to a slow start but got better ever week till his injury