5/14: Leodis Speaks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this has been beaten to death, but I think his communication "issues" stem from poor speech fluency coupled with a pretty thick Georgia accent. I think he is more intelligent than most on here give him credit for.

I want to clarify that even if I give him a hard time about speech, I have no opinion on his intelligence, and was not inferring that he's dumb. I know nothing about the guy other than he's hard to understand.

i think Leodis is a potential cut or trade candidate especially if he isnt considered one of the starters

He is a starting caliber CB playing on a very reasonable salary. Unless his injury is more significant than we know, I think it would be foolish to trade him and simply ridiculous to cut him. Even if Darby happens to win the starting job...

i think Leodis is a potential cut or trade candidate especially if he isnt considered one of the starters

I agree, Darby is expected to supplant Leo. Can't hurt testing his value, he would make good depth however. I'd trade him for a 3rd....

Imo

He is a starting caliber CB playing on a very reasonable salary. Unless his injury is more significant than we know, I think it would be foolish to trade him and simply ridiculous to cut him. Even if Darby happens to win the starting job...

CB depth is huge.

Gilmore is locked in, we have McKelvin, Graham, and Darby* who are all on that mid level starter/high quality depth line. Robey is good in the slot, as well.

I agree, Darby is expected to supplant Leo. Can't hurt testing his value, he would make good depth however. I'd trade him for a 3rd....

Imo

Darby would be schooled by NFL WRs this season as a starting CB. No way he's ready for the 1st team duties IMO. 2016 is another story.

Darby would be schooled by NFL WRs this season as a starting CB. No way he's ready for the 1st team duties IMO. 2016 is another story.

Kind of why I put a asterik on his name. It seems he wouldn't be expected to start right away, but he has potential to after getting some experience. That could be later this season, or next season, or whatever. Either way, he's in group of 3 or 4 guys who are bubble starters and solid depth. We have a very "solid" CB corps, all around.

I wouldn't be so sure. At least, I think he will be given every opportunity to start. This is Rex's guy.

It's immaterial whether he is or isn't. Rookie CBs typically don't fare well in the NFL unless they are exceptional. Rex puts his CBs on an island and I think that would be too much, too soon for Darby.

I know this has been beaten to death, but I think his communication "issues" stem from poor speech fluency coupled with a pretty thick Georgia accent. I think he is more intelligent than most on here give him credit for.

He went to college, after all....