Fanspeak Mock Draft - Post your 7 round Mock- get on record

Bocephuz

FanSpeak has a great Mock Draft tool www.fanspeak.com/ontheclock. For the sake of consistency choose the Walter Football Rankings and run your mock draft to get on record.

50: R2P18 -CB BYRON JONES CONNECTICUT ( Laken Tomlinson was still on the board and I struggled whether to take him or Jones... in the end I went with bpa over need here. They guy has good size and should be a good press corner to take over for McKelvin next year ... killed it at the combine)

81: R3P17 DE HENRY ANDERSON STANFORD ( no hesitation here... highest rated player on my board left by far... fills a need and should be able to contribute right away)

155: R5P19 - OT ROB HAVENSTEIN WISCONSIN ( no hesitation here.. highest rated left by far... not dominant.. but solid RT .. looked really solid in senior bowl drills and tape I watched.. )

188: R6P12 - DT DARIUS KILGO MARYLAND ( Kyle Williams is not getting any younger.. Dareus will be expensive... surprised he was still available here)

194: R6P18 - TE E.J. BIBBS IOWA STATE ( tough big blocking chain mover to compliment Clay)

234: R7P17 - OLB KYLE EMANUEL NORTH DAKOTA STATE ( 3-4 OLB tweener type .. good fit for Rex' D)

Walt's rankings are a bit screwy, but I get it for consistency's sake.

50: R2P18

DT JORDAN PHILLIPS

OKLAHOMA

Rex gets a run stuffing space eater at NT which allows Dareus to continue to do what he does best in pressuring the passer from the interior.

81: R3P17

G JOSUE MATIAS

FLORIDA STATE

Matias is a versatile OL that will push for a starting spot at Guard this year.

155: R5P19

CB SENQUEZ GOLSON

OLE MISS

Golson is one of the best tackling CB's in the draft, and we all know how much Rex values his CB's. Kevin White from TCU was also available here, it was a coin toss in my eyes.

188: R6P12

S CLAYTON GEATHERS

CENTRAL FLORIDA

Geathers is a value pick here at a position that could use depth.

194: R6P18

WR CHRIS CONLEY

GEORGIA

Deep threat that had an excellent showing at the combine. Will push Hogan and Goodwin for the WR#4 spot.

234: R7P17

QB BRANDON BRIDGE

SOUTH ALABAMA

Bridge is a raw project QB with all the physical tools Roman likes who we can stash away for a couple years.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

I dont get it why people keep seeing Tomlison in their mocks....then talk themselves into going another direction

That kid is going to be a immediate OG starter.....and solid player at his position for years.

its a no brainer to me.

We drafted a physical corner LAST year if we wanted to replace McKelvin with that.....and frankly I am a big fan of Robey

C CAMERON ERVING

FLORIDA STATE

CB QUINTEN ROLLINS

MIAMI OF OHIO

G SHAQUILLE MASON

GEORGIA TECH

CB LORENZO DOSS

TULANE

DE RYAN DELAIRE

TOWSON

ILB TREY DEPRIEST

ALABAMA

CB BYRON JONES
CONNECTICUT
QB BRYCE PETTY
BAYLOR
G MARK GLOWINSKI
WEST VIRGINIA
DT COREY CRAWFORD
CLEMSON
OT AUSTIN SHEPHERD
ALABAMA
ILB TREY DEPRIEST
ALABAMA

For what it's worth here, I don't think this is how the draft should be but how I think it will be. The first pick was pretty easy really. Out of their 12 visits, 2 were cornerbacks, including Byron Jones. Given that he's top-20 value on some boards, I don't know how they pass on him at the 50th pick. I hate the Bryce Petty pick. Don't think he'll amount to anything in the NFL, but they also visited 2 QB's. Can't see them passing on another guy on their board. At 155, I recognized the need for another guard. Glowinski can probably play some tackle as well, so there's flexibility there to shift some things around. Shepherd and Depriest were simply depth picks.

Walt's rankings are a bit screwy, but I get it for consistency's sake.

DT JORDAN PHILLIPS

OKLAHOMA

Rex gets a run stuffing space eater at NT which allows Dareus to continue to do what he does best in pressuring the passer from the interior.

G JOSUE MATIAS

FLORIDA STATE

Matias is a versatile OL that will push for a starting spot at Guard this year.

CB SENQUEZ GOLSON

OLE MISS

Golson is one of the best tackling CB's in the draft, and we all know how much Rex values his CB's. Kevin White from TCU was also available here, it was a coin toss in my eyes.

S CLAYTON GEATHERS

CENTRAL FLORIDA

Geathers is a value pick here at a position that could use depth.

WR CHRIS CONLEY

GEORGIA

Deep threat that had an excellent showing at the combine. Will push Hogan and Goodwin for the WR#4 spot.

QB BRANDON BRIDGE

SOUTH ALABAMA

Bridge is a raw project QB with all the physical tools Roman likes who we can stash away for a couple years.

Always interesting to see some new names pop up I wasn't aware of... I also think Bridge is a good raw prospect.. reminds me of Kaepernick

I think first-pick.com's is way more fun (and likely more accurate, though there's some random chance built into theirs), but here goes:

G LAKEN TOMLINSON
DUKE
Took Tomlinson here as I expected the other guards to be gone before we pick again.
G A.J. CANN
SOUTH CAROLINA
The first pick where I said "what the heck?!". I expect Cann to be gone long before our 3rd round pick. I just couldn't pass him up. Cann & Tomlinson could plug in and be our starting guards for the next decade.
S CODY PREWITT
OLE MISS
6'2" safety who runs a 4.4 and was 2 time 1st team all SEC? Yes please.
TE JESSE JAMES
PENN STATE
Shocked to see James fall this far. Prototypical big TE we could really use and seems like an absolute steal in the 6th.
OT ROB HAVENSTEIN
WISCONSIN
Going back to another Olineman here seemed like a bit of overkill, but Havenstein is going in the 2nd - 3rd round likely, so he was too good of a value to pass over in the 6th. Suddenly we are loaded full of young oline prospects that with proper coaching should really form a solid unit in a few years.
CB IFO EKPRE-OLOMU
OREGON
Another guy who was too good of value. He's a likely 1st round pick before his injury. In the 7th we can stash him, allow him to really rehab properly and have a real find.

I would flip out over this draft:

YOUR PICKS
1: R2P18
G A.J. CANN
SOUTH CAROLINA
2: R3P17
OT DONOVAN SMITH
PENN STATE
3: R5P19
OLB MARTRELL SPAIGHT
ARKANSAS
4: R6P12
QB SEAN MANNION
OREGON STATE
5: R6P18
TE NICK BOYLE
DELAWARE
6: R7P17
DT TERRY WILLIAMS
EAST CAROLINA

OK, So I went ahead and did a second one. Walter Football seems way way off.
DT CARL DAVIS
IOWA
Carl Davis visited with the team. Given that 12 of the last 12 first picks in the draft visited the team, I went with the highest rated player still on the board that visited with the Bills.
OG ALI MARPET
HOBART
I would have loved for them to take Laken Tomlinson first as he's the #1 rated guard on most boards and at a position of serious need. Marpet is still top 2-3, so for me would be a logical choice with their next pick.
RB KARLOS WILLIAMS
FLORIDA STATE
Another guy that visited with them is Karlos Williams. I am not sure why given the pickup of McCoy and the fact that we still have 3 other backs that can run the ball and now Shelton. I have to assume that he visited with them for a reason none the less.
FS GEROD HOLLIMAN
LOUISVILLE
What's not to like here with a ball hawking safety? He's not a huge hitter, but if the Bills are looking to generate turnovers, he would be a solid selection at #188.
OT SEAN HICKEY
SYRACUSE
CB QUANDRE DIGGS
TEXAS

Depth and depth at 194 and 234.

1. Ronald Darby CB Florida State

2. Daryl Williams G Oklahoma

3. Chaz Green OT Florida

4. Sean Mannion QB Oregon state.

Some Notes:

Petty will be drafted by the Browns.

No interest in Hundley QB UCLA

No RB

No WR

Imo

Edited by Leroi

Here's what I got.

Second Round: OT Donovan Smith, Penn State - Starting potential at both RG and RT.

Third Round: DE/OLB Markus Golden, Missouri - Very likely an OLB in our system, absolutely relentless. Joe B also hearing the Bills are very high on him.
Fifth Round: ILB Jake Ryan, Michigan - An old school thumper, special teams ace and valuable depth at all linebacker spots.
Sixth Round: G Arie Kouandjio, Alabama - More depth along the O-Line, hopefully playing next to his brother again gives both guys a spark.
Sixth Round: QB Sean Mannion, Oregon State - Good measurables, much better of a developmental QB than Tuel at this point.
Seventh Round: NT/5T Leon Orr, Florida - This is our Seantrel Henderson pick…basically give a shot to a guy who made some bad decisions but physically has all the tools. Why not?

Some Notes:

Petty will be drafted by the Browns.

No interest in Hundley QB UCLA

No RB

No WR

Imo

I feel like this could be clarified so as not to invite criticism later: are these "notes", or are they "opinions"?

Seems like you're playing both sides of the table here.