Joe Barksdale OT FA w/ Rams stilll available

Seems the Bills still have some FA options at OL if they chose to go that direction.

Barksdale started 29 of last 30 games for Rams last season.

From http://www.profootballrumors.com/joe-barksdale/ (Dated 4/7/15)

"Pro Football Focus ranked the former Ram just 48th out of 84 qualified tackles. However, his +5.6 run-blocking grade placed him just outside the top 10 in that category.

Barksdale’s market may also have been slowed by the fact that he got married and went on his honeymoon within the last few weeks. Now that he’s back and focusing on football, we’ll see if he finds a job quickly, or if interested teams – such as the Titans and Rams – wait until after the draft to try to lock him up."

Sounds like a player who we could use that is solid in the run game & would allow us to move Glenn or Henderson to OG if need be.

I know we missed on T Bulaga and it seems Tackle news has been pretty quiet since.

Right now safe to say Barksdale is looking for more money than what the Bills can afford, and they are probably waiting until after the draft (as it seems most teams are on Barksdale) before they feel they need to further address the position via FA if necessary.

But honestly with what we are trying to accomplish this year, bringing someone like him on would really quell the waters a bit regarding OL concerns.

Edited by dezertbill

• 4 weeks later...

I thought it was the other way round

From what I know, which granted isn't a lot, he was always thought of as average at both, but a better pass blocker. Last year his PFF grades were the reverse of that, which was apparently attributed to him playing like crap the second half of the season and giving up a bunch of sacks. The year before he graded out much better as a pass blocker than run blocker on PFF.