What salary number is TD going to ask

1billsfan

2.5 million sounds about right...maybe stretch it up to 3.5 million, but thats the limit I'd go.

More curiously, how much money do you think they are going to restructure Moulds to? He's making 8 million dollars now...should be very interesting to see how much they knock him down to.

2.5 million sounds about right...maybe stretch it up to 3.5 million, but thats the limit I'd go.

More curiously, how much money do you think they are going to restructure Moulds to?  He's making 8 million dollars now...should be very interesting to see how much they knock him down to.

232414[/snapback]

Moulds is not worth 8 million and we all know that. Unfortunately I think he's only willing to restructure rather than take a pay cut. I love Moulds but would we be better off asking Moulds to take a pay cut, then if he balks cut him and go after a David Patton? Moulds dropped so many passes this past season that I'm very uncomfortable with that cap hit. Moulds is worth 4-6 million at most next season.

I have a feeling it will be a minor cut, to 4.5 million AND a restructure. I don't see the Bills ownership throwing it all in Losman's lap without a little more proof of his legitimacy.

He may show up at camp weighing about 25 lbs more and knowing the playbook well and then they might say we'll eat the March 1 Bledsoe bonus and cut Drew this summer.

Let's see... Bledsoe's cap hit for his signing bonus from last year alone is close to $2.2 M. The league minimum for a 10+ year veteran is $750K (only $450K counts against the cap). So, we are looking at a minimum cap hit of about $2.9M. This would have to be TD's starting point.

IF the team cuts Drew, then they eat the remainder of his signing bonus -- and we're looking at a $4.3M cap hit. So, if I'm Bledsoe, knowing that the team has to pay (against the cap) that much for me NOT being there, I wouldn'st settle for anything less for me TO BE THERE.

One thing to remember is that Drew is due a $1.05 M roster bonus on March 2. Since the issue of a paycut is coming up at all, if I were him, there is no way I'd wave this money and take ONLY a base salary, as that money isn't guaranteed. That is, from his perspective, why should he wave the roster bonus -- knowing that the Bills may just be waiting until after June 1 to cut him and spread his $4.3M cap hit over two years?

Thus, the best deal I can imagine the Bills making would be to allow Bledsoe to keep his roster bonus -- but to ask him to drop his base salary down to the league minimum. Such a move would change his cap number to: $2.2M + $1.05M + $450K = $3.7 M.

Let's see... Bledsoe's cap hit for his signing bonus from last year alone is close to $2.2 M. The league minimum for a 10+ year veteran is $750K (only $450K counts against the cap). So, we are looking at a minimum cap hit of about $2.9M.  This would have to be TD's starting point.

IF the team cuts Drew, then they eat the remainder of his signing bonus -- and we're looking at a $4.3M cap hit. So, if I'm Bledsoe, knowing that the team has to pay (against the cap) that much for me NOT being there, I wouldn'st settle for anything less for me TO BE THERE.

One thing to remember is that Drew is due a $1.05 M roster bonus on March 2. Since the issue of a paycut is coming up at all, if I were him, there is no way I'd wave this money and take ONLY a base salary, as that money isn't guaranteed. That is, from his perspective, why should he wave the roster bonus -- knowing that the Bills may just be waiting until after June 1 to cut him and spread his $4.3M cap hit over two years?

Thus, the best deal I can imagine the Bills making would be to allow Bledsoe to keep his roster bonus -- but to ask him to drop his base salary down to the league minimum. Such a move would change his cap number to: $2.2M + $1.05M + $450K = $3.7 M.

232528[/snapback]

Wow, great stuff! I think we've found our TSW capologist.

How many people think Bledsoe will actually take that much of a cut?

232461[/snapback]

Drew will only take a pay cut if he is able to get more cash than he already is entitled to.

For 2004, he "cut" his pay from $6 mil to $8.75 mil.

No way does Drew voluntarity take less than what he is due.

It's always been about the money with Drew. He's from the Lawyer Milloy school of thought.

Drew will only take a pay cut if he is able to get more cash than he already is entitled to.

For 2004, he "cut" his pay from $6 mil to $8.75 mil.

No way does Drew voluntarity take less than what he is due.

It's always been about the money with Drew. He's from the Lawyer Milloy school of thought.

232542[/snapback]

Then he'll be cut... it's all good! :w00t: