So... who we gonna trade for today??

Agreed. It'd be nice, but at this point why not hold the auction? He'll be signed somewhere inside of a week. And he will have a number of teams/destinations to chose from.

For some reason, I just have a good feeling about Hughes. If ever there was a player who should be thanking an organization for his stock being so high, it is Hughes. Who knows if players will look past the money but I will remain optimistic until hearing otherwise.

For some reason, I just have a good feeling about Hughes. If ever there was a player who should be thanking an organization for his stock being so high, it is Hughes. Who knows if players will look past the money but I will remain optimistic until hearing otherwise.

i hope so but he's already said there is no "hometown discount." he wants to make $. if he's smart though, he will stick with this D. he can put up some big numbers over the next few years with these other guys on the line

i hope so but he's already said there is no "hometown discount." he wants to make $. if he's smart though, he will stick with this D. he can put up some big numbers over the next few years with these other guys on the line

Here is how I think it might shake out:

They sign Hughes and can still go after a legit guard or TE.

They don't sign Hughes and they get a legit Guard AND TE

The question is then...what scenario would you want more?

Can they do all 3? not sure but let's remember they still have the draft for that guard in Round 2

I would love to trade for Brandon Marshall...

Would love to have him, but his contract is:

2015: $7.5M (+200k work out bonus)

2016: $7.9M (+200k work out bonus)

2017: $8.3M (+200k work out bonus)

That probably could only work if they don't re-sign Hughes. But McCoy, Marshall, Watkins and a quality TE would be a fun group to watch though.

Edited by BarleyNY