What are EJ's chances?

EJ  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What are the chances that EJ becomes a viable long term solution at quarterback for the Buffalo Bills?

2. 2. What are the chances that EJ Manuel leads the Buffalo Bills to the playoffs for the 2015 season?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh come on it's all that #3's fault, granted it's a highlight video the passes looked on target to me

Eh, EJ's performance wasn't consistent... even without the bad blocking schemes. But that's pretty normal for a young QB.

In the videos you can see he has trouble with touch passes, compared to when he just flings it in there. I feel like that's something he can improve on with time.

You know what's funny? I was lamb basted on this very site about 12 months ago for having the nerve to say that I gave EJ a 35% (I think that's the number, may have been 25) chance of succeeding. Today there is a thread on the very subject. Funny how things work out. I find it interesting that the most vocal person on the subject hasn't picked a number in this thread. Funny how things work out.

Fitz could move around a bit and he never dropped into the fetal position that I remember. Too bad he didn't have the arm talents to go along with his feel for the game.

FitzMagic went POOF the instant he got the big $$$ funny how that works

Why are people calling those videos highlight videos? They are of all his throws... Good and all of his bad horrible passes.

apologies for not knowing the proper term for a shortened video clip of passing plays of that game.

He also cracked his ribs right around that time, did he not?

cracked ribs heal. Also note that in Houston JJWatt's play making abilities won 5 games for the team and IMO beyond the efforts of FitzMagic

Reasons

excuses.. Tony Romo played with a broken back (OK fractured)

I'm confused as to what I'm supposed to see here other than a slew of 2 yard throws with a couple intermediate throws sprinkled in. This was a "good" example of his play and nothing in that tape screams out NFL Quarterback at all.

how many of Tom Brady's passes exceed 10 yards?

in said plays was the QB given enough protection to make deeper throws?

in said plays were the receivers covered where the QB couldn't make deeper throws?

just asking ............ not making excuses

cracked ribs heal. Also note that in Houston JJWatt's play making abilities won 5 games for the team and IMO beyond the efforts of FitzMagic

excuses.. Tony Romo played with a broken back (OK fractured)

And did Romo's production not decline as a result of his injury?

If you were following the thread, Beef Jerky was implying that the large contract Fitz had signed was the reason for his decline in production. I dispute that, as it makes much more sense to me that his cracked ribs were more likely the reason. If you want to substitute the word "reason" for "excuse," fine. I don't think that Fitz signing a large contract was his excuse for his decline in production.

And did Romo's production not decline as a result of his injury?

If you were following the thread, Beef Jerky was implying that the large contract Fitz had signed was the reason for his decline in production. I dispute that, as it makes much more sense to me that his cracked ribs were more likely the reason. If you want to substitute the word "reason" for "excuse," fine. I don't think that Fitz signing a large contract was his excuse for his decline in production.

I could believe the whole "Fitz got his contract so he stopped playing" nonsense if he wasn't out there busting his @$$ every single game, every single play.

• 5 months later...