* deleted *

I knew there'd be more from this a$$wipe

Latest challenge for Bill O'Reilly: His JFK story

O'Reilly's telling of it has gone like this: In 1977, Russian-born George de Mohrenschildt, who knew Lee Harvey Oswald, had been contacted by congressional investigators. O'Reilly, a reporter for a Dallas TV station, had tracked de Mohrenschildt down in Palm Beach, and arrived at the door to his daughter's home just as he shot himself.

"As the reporter knocked on the door of de Mohrenschildt's daughter's home, he heard the shotgun blast that marked the suicide of the Russian, assuring that his relationship with Lee Harvey Oswald would never be fully understood," O'Reilly wrote in his book. "By the way, that reporter's name is Bill O'Reilly."

The question being raised: Was O'Reilly really there?

Jefferson Morley, a visiting professor at the University of California and a former editor at the Washington Post, doesn't think so. Writing for his website JFKFacts.org in 2013, Morley used phone recordings to dispute the dramatic account.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/25/media/bill-oreilly-jfk-george-de-mohrenschildt/

i'm sure there are plenty more fabrications to be discovered. just not sure that publicizing them all helps. he's an egomaniac. he probably likes all the attention.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the media matters link in the last article I posted. Really damming stuff. One excerpt:

"Bill O'Reilly's a phony, there's no other way to put it," said Tracy Rowlett, a former WFAA reporter and anchor who worked at the station with O'Reilly. "He was not up on the porch when he heard the gunshots, he was in Dallas. He wasn't traveling at that time."

Byron Harris, a reporter at WFAA for the past 40 years, agreed that O'Reilly had not traveled to Florida for the story and accused him of stealing his reporting on de Mohrenschildt's suicide from a newspaper.

According to Harris, O'Reilly "was in Dallas. He stole that article out of the newspaper. I guarantee Channel 8 didn't send him to Florida to do that story because it was a newspaper story, it was broken by the Dallas Morning News."

Both Harris and Rowlett said O'Reilly never mentioned having been present for the gunshot during his time at WFAA.

"I don't remember O'Reilly claiming that he was there. That came later, that must have been a brain surge when he was writing the book," Rowlett said.

Harris further pointed out that WFAA "would have reported it as some kind of exclusive -- and there was no exclusive -- if O'Reilly had been standing outside the door."

Jon Stewart is said to be going easy on him, but I can't disagree with his reasoning

Next, Stewart noted how there are more consequential embellishments going on in the real world of news. Chief among them are news reports that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu may have misled folks about the status of Iran’s nuclear status in a U.N. speech in 2012. “See, this is the [expletive] we should be looking into. ‘Cause it seems to me, you know, we might be just a little better off if the exaggerations abo8ut covering a war get less attention than the exaggerations that get us into so many of them.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2015/02/25/daily-shows-jon-stewart-goes-soft-on-fox-newss-bill-oreilly/

Jon Stewart is said to be going easy on him, but I can't disagree with his reasoning

Next, Stewart noted how there are more consequential embellishments going on in the real world of news. Chief among them are news reports that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu may have misled folks about the status of Iran’s nuclear status in a U.N. speech in 2012. “See, this is the [expletive] we should be looking into. ‘Cause it seems to me, you know, we might be just a little better off if the exaggerations abo8ut covering a war get less attention than the exaggerations that get us into so many of them.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2015/02/25/daily-shows-jon-stewart-goes-soft-on-fox-newss-bill-oreilly/

Jon Stewart would kick you in the nuts if he met you.

i think there'd be at least a dozen posters here that would be a higher priority for him.

I think the homophobic racist anti semite would be the first on the list.

Edit: Conspiracy theorist.

Edited by meazza

You don't think the first person from this site Stewart would kick in the nuts would be the guy who wants all the Jews wiped off the planet?

According to Birdog there are at least a dozen posters here who are worse than the anti-semite JTSP. I guess being an anti-semite isn't that offensive to Birdog.

i think there'd be at least a dozen posters here that would be a higher priority for him.

You're also forgetting that above politics, Stewart is a HUGE sports fan. He'd have JTSP atop his list for Joe's horrendous football analysis alone, the politics and JTSP's raging homophobia, racism, antisemitism, and general !@#$-nature are just the icing on the cake. :lol:

Bills loving the attention.

now people will tune it to catch a lie

It's funny to me how idiotic the left is being about O'Reilly at this point, while simultaneously pointing that their idiocy is bringing him more ratings, more book sales, more webhits, more money...

It's like watching the episode of "Cheers" where Cliffy Claven hires a guy to jolt him with electricity every time he says something stupid.

lol yeah since Im saying same thing he is, bibi is FOS and dont let him sucker us into another conflict

You're in no way saying the same thing Stewart is. You'd have to actually be able to understand basic concepts first, like shapes and colors. You don't have the horespower between the ears, sport.