Vincent Jackson could be cut...

YoloinOhio

What did you expect from Hogan? He was a 3rd or 4th option on terrible offense. He essentially won us the Minnesota game catching a prayer from Orton.

You're a good poster but man do you hate on Hogan. You were part of the crusade of Da'Rick and Hogan is having a better NFL career. You pretend like Hogan is some scrub athlete. He was able to play D1 lacrosse and lead his team in scoring. And he got himself invite to a NFL camp and has carve out a NFL career.

He's 6'1" 220. He put up better combine numbers than Woods. He got voted fittest Bill and reps 275 bench 8 times. This guy is a legit NFL player and is produced better than guys who have "more talent."

He's a decent player. He is Cole Beasley, Jeremy Kerley, Jerricho Cotchery or a poor man's Andrew Hawkins. Hogan is a great athlete but the hyperbole is what drives me nuts. Let's look at the production and call it what it is. He's a good 4th option not on the verge of the HOF.

I'm on record that Rogers was worth the shot and I still feel that way. Once he got arrested you could have cut bait and added a Hogan type. They aren't hard to find. He's a good athlete for sure but would the Bills have been THAT much worse off giving Kevin Elliot that role for example? I always takes chances on a high ceiling and low floor guy than taking a safe guy for the back of my roster. I'd rather take a chance on Frank Clark this year than some Tim Anderson type. The Bengals did it with Burfict, the Niners with Ahmad Brooks and so on. When you hit on a talented player with some question marks you get great value.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hogan is a lacrosse player who learned to play football. He's gotten better every year, and is clearly a smart, excellent athlete. I don't think any of us know what his ceiling is.

Welker suddenly became a great receiver when he had the two best QBs of this era throwing to him, and the craftiest coach in the game. Miiigghhht be a little bit of a coincidence there, or maybe he just needed to be exploited.

I am not saying Hogan has Welker's talent, but I'm not saying he can't become really good if he keeps developing.

Also, I think it was just stupid to cut Mike Williams loose. We gave up a pick for him and it would be great to see if he could do well in a new system.