SAMMY bad year?

Bash_Gash

This doesn't tell me anything. You realize SF struggled with the passing game this year with reference to that quote.

You do realize that it was one year.....and in the previous years they were contending for championships.....

WHY DO YOU THINK WE BROUGHT ROMAN IN

And its not telling you anything because you dont want to hear it

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize that it was one year.....and in the previous years they were contending for championships.....

WHY DO YOU THINK WE BROUGHT ROMAN IN

And its not telling you anything because you dont want to hear it

When they were contending for championships they were utulizing a diverse power running game and explosive tight end in the passing game. It wasn't about the WR's.

...also SF struggled last year with QB play which was still better than the Bills and have a better o-line....and there passing game struggled under that scheme. There is no guaranteed fix to our offense like you magically make up with these definitive statements which are at odds with reality.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

When they were contending for championships they were utulizing a diverse power running game and explosive tight end in the passing game. It wasn't about the WR's.

That is way too simple......Roman is a offensive genious....he uses the talent he has.

And there have been good WR's on those niners teams that went to championships.

Crabtree and Boldin?

Im looking more at Boldin.....whos numbers of catches and yards picked up significantly with the niners after he left baltimore.

https://www.google.com/search?q=who+are+the+wide+receivers+on+the+niners&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=anquan+boldin+career+stats&expnd=1

Crabtree is so so

Sammy Watkins has the potential to be much better then both of these wide receivers

Edited by John from Hemet

Im looking more at Boldin.....whos numbers of catches and yards picked up significantly with the niners after he left baltimore.

Crabtree is so so

Sammy Watkins has the potential to be much better then both of these wide receivers

A max ceiling of 1200 yards, 85 receptions, 10 TD's at the WR position with that 49ers scheme that has a lot better talent than the Bills on offense. The body of work shows Crabtree was an after thought for the most part.

Time will tell......

Would Bolden numbers be acceptable to you? Or is that not Sammy Worthy

With the scheme they are likely to implement and glaring questions with consistent QB play, I would take under on that so yes that would be acceptable. If I could take that as a best case scenerio I would put it in the bank.

With the scheme they are likely to implement and glaring questions with consistent QB play, I would take under on that so yes that would be acceptable. If I could take that as a best case scenerio I would put it in the bank.

Rex Ryan and Sammy Watkins goes way way back......

I predict that Sammy is gonna get that ball in multiple ways.......we did not run ONE bubble screen for Sammy when that is what he excelled at in College. Would not suprise me to see him used in a Percy Harvin type way to get the ball to him.

Roman might run a power running scheme but he is no fool.....you dont get to playoffs/championship games by not being smart enough to not know how to use a Sammy Watkins.

I picture numbers equal to or even exceeding Boldin.

It's the fact that he had a rib injury on what appeared to be routine contact that troubles me. Many great NFL prospects just weren't built for the game. I want the toughest WRs on this team. Tough WR are where the NFL is heading.

It wasn't routine contact by any stretch. Shazir took a flying knee to Sammy's ribs, after the whistle, in what many believed to be a cheap shot. It was not routine contact.

I love how people give a brief wave at the QB position like is....well ya he didnt have a QB but he should have done better

YOU CANNOT BE CONSISTANT WHEN YOU DO NOT HAVE AT LEAST AVERAGE QB PLAY......the wr is dependent on someone else on the other end throwing him a catchable ball

This isnt a issue at all though......you listen to Rex Ryan and he knows what he has in Sammy Watkins. We wont be making the mistakes that Marrone and Hackett made last year.

First, work on your reading comprehension. A lot. Then tell me how a full evaluation of Watkins can be done without a quality QB in place. I said he's still unproven due in large part to that. In my book he doesn't get credit for what he maybe possibly could have done with a quality QB until he actually does it. Sorry, I don't play pretend. He certainly might have it in him, but he hasn't proven it to me. Not yet. I'm not going to project and pretend he's done more than he has just because he's a Bill. If he was a Dolphin or a Jet I doubt he'd be getting pimped like he is around here (for the most part). I like his skill set and his big games, but nine games of 35 yards or less is a concern. Period. Maybe a lot of that was a combination of injury and QB play, but simply assuming that was the case is absurd. That's a long, thin limb. Edited by BarleyNY

First, work on your reading comprehension. A lot. Then tell me how a full evaluation of Watkins can be done without a quality QB in place. I said he's still unproven due in large part to that. In my book he doesn't get credit for what he maybe possibly could have done with a quality QB until he actually does it. Sorry, I don't play pretend. He certainly might have it in him, but he hasn't proven it to me. Not yet. I'm not going to project and pretend he's done more than he has just because he's a Bill. If he was a Dolphin or a Jet I doubt he'd be getting pimped like he is around here (for the most part). I like his skill set and his big games, but nine games of 35 yards or less is a concern. Period. Maybe a lot of that was a combination of injury and QB play, but simply assuming it was is absurd. That's a long, thin limb.

Your right. When I went back and re read your post I came away with a completely different take.

Ill admit it.

- Who was throwing to him

- How many times was he thrown at

- While he was thrown at that many times.....what was the record of his team?

DISCLAIMER: THESE HIGHLIGHTS OF ODELL BECKHAM'S ROOKIE SEASON WERE BROUGHT TO YOU 100% BY ELI MANNING. ALL RECORDS, AWARDS, RECEPTIONS, YARDS, TDS, ROUTE RUNNING, AGILITY, HANDS, LEAPING ABILITY, SEPARATION ON ELITE DBS, YARDS AFTER CATCH, AND ANY OTHER POSITIVE ASPECTS OF BECKHAM'S RECEIVING ABILITY, REMAIN THE EXCLUSIVE PROPERTY OF ELI MANNING. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, THE FACT THAT ELI'S NUMBERS PALED IN COMPARISON WITH VICTOR CRUZ PRIOR TO CRUZ'S INJURY THAT SAME SEASON, HAS NO BEARING ON ELI'S EXCLUSIVE CLAIM TO BECKHAM'S PERFORMANCE.

Edited by JTSP