Philly in no hurry to win

Rubes

They deserve to lose with this unbelievably bad clock management...

230231[/snapback]

No kidding.....four mintues left in the friggin SUPER BOWL and their lolligagging (however the hell you spell that word) around like they have another damn quarter to play! What was up with that?

Don't forget, they blew it in the final 1:30 of the first half by not calling TOs when NE had the ball and then running on 1st down when they got the ball back. Then they complete 2 passes and the clock expires!!! With good time management they could have gotten into FG range kicked the ball and guess what, tie score at the end of regulation. What if. Their clock mgmt was the worst in NFL history.

I'm still sitting around trying to figure out the last 3:30 of the game. WTF was Philly thinking?

somebody needs to cue up tivo and write out a play by play with the time it took to get each play off.

I'm sure it will be in the paper tomorrow.

I'm still sitting around trying to figure out the last 3:30 of the game.  WTF was Philly thinking?

230455[/snapback]

Exactly!

I had them pegged for two more possessions if they made the stop on NE.

I really think the onsides kick was a bad idea!

Don't forget, they blew it in the final 1:30 of the first half by not calling TOs when NE had the ball and then running on 1st down when they got the ball back.  Then they complete 2 passes and the clock expires!!!  With good time management they could have gotten into FG range kicked the ball and guess what, tie score at the end of regulation.  What if.  Their clock mgmt was the worst in NFL history.

230418[/snapback]

Exactly...

I didn't realize the Eagles hired Gregg Williams.

somebody needs to cue up tivo and write out a play by play with the time it took to get each play off.

I'm sure it will be in the paper tomorrow.

230469[/snapback]

Philadelphia Eagles at 05:40

1-10-PHI21 (5:40) D.McNabb pass to L.Smith to PHI 25 for 4 yards (R.Harrison).

2-6-PHI25 (5:10) D.McNabb pass incomplete to G.Lewis. Play Challenged by PHI and REVERSED. D.McNabb pass to G.Lewis to PHI 29 for 4 yards (D.Reid).

3-2-PHI29 (4:52) D.McNabb pass to T.Owens to PHI 34 for 5 yards (T.Johnson).

1-10-PHI34 (4:19) D.McNabb pass to J.Parry to PHI 36 for 2 yards (R.Phifer).

2-8-PHI36 (3:45) D.McNabb pass incomplete to F.Mitchell.

3-8-PHI36 (3:42) D.McNabb pass to T.Owens to PHI 46 for 10 yards (A.Samuel).

1-10-PHI46 (3:36) D.McNabb pass incomplete to T.Owens.

2-10-PHI46 (3:28) D.McNabb up the middle to PHI 46 for no gain (T.Bruschi).

3-10-PHI46 (2:55) D.McNabb pass to F.Mitchell to NE 43 for 11 yards (T.Bruschi).

1-10-NE43 (2:20) D.McNabb pass incomplete to B.Westbrook.

2-10-NE43 (2:14) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass to B.Westbrook to NE 30 for 13 yards (R.Gay).

1-10-NE30 (2:00) D.McNabb pass incomplete to T.Owens (R.Seymour).

2-10-NE30 (1:55) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass to G.Lewis for 30 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

D.Akers extra point is GOOD, Center-M.Bartrum, Holder-K.Detmer.

NE 24 PHI 21, Plays: 13 Yards: 79 Possession: 3:52.

I was amazed at how much time they wasted and how many times the offense looked bored or uninterested. Hello! It's the ****ING SUPER BOWL! WAKE UP!!! :doh:

The other thing is, some players like the Eagles center Hank Fraley were trying to get the players to the LOS fast and McNabb kept insisting on the huddle.

I was amazed at how much time they wasted and how many times the offense looked bored or uninterested. Hello! It's the ****ING SUPER BOWL! WAKE UP!!! :doh:

The other thing is, some players like the Eagles center Hank Fraley were trying to get the players to the LOS fast and McNabb kept insisting on the huddle.

230501[/snapback]

No kidding. And Reid didn't seem to be in much of a rush either. Maybe the hotel buffet closed at 10 pm. :lol:

Guys I got to say. McNabb is just not that great. No matter how much the media wants to shove him in our face. Brady was a huge difference in this game. McNabb continually missed recievers and when he did complete passes they were often were behind the reciever breaking their forward momentem. The clock management was also his fault. He really should have rallied the troops. He didnt even try.

Guys I got to say. McNabb is just not that great. No matter how much the media wants to shove him in our face. Brady was a huge difference in this game. McNabb continually missed recievers and when he did complete passes  they were often were behind the reciever breaking their forward momentem.  The clock management was also his fault. He really should have rallied the troops. He didnt even try.

230519[/snapback]

I don't think it's that Brady is that great, but his WRs seemed to be continuously wide freakin open!!!!! I could have completed some of those passes tonight. How does that happen against the best secondary in the league?

I don't think it's that Brady is that great, but his WRs seemed to be continuously wide freakin open!!!!!  I could have completed some of those passes tonight.  How does that happen against the best secondary in the league?

230523[/snapback]

King (I think) in SI summed it up:

"Brady is a GOOD Qb made GREAT by SB success."

I thought it was just me screaming at the television!!!! That time management at the end of the game was killing me. Ok to huddle up if you're eating up huge chunks of yardage but they're dinking and dunking for 3 -5 yards at a time. I thought Donovan was past that level. Reid too for that matter.

I stick to my previous assesment: Patriots - a very good, opportunistic team, not a dynasty level team like the 49ers, Cowboys, Packers or Steelers. SB36 - Mike Martz factor, nuff said. SB 38 - John Kasey kicks the ball out of bounds after the Panthers last td - may as well give the game to the Pats. SB39 - terrible clock management and some horribly thrown passes by Donovan keeps the Eagles from winning a winnable game.