New England*'s last 10 seasons: hard to win a SB

No one knows for sure about the balls yet. We will all look kinda bad if the NFL comes out saying they did nothing wrong. Hopefully, it's not the case.

We do know that 11 of 12 of NE footballs were under inflated per NFL specs/rules. The only question is who told who to deflate them?

New England* has pretty much dominated the NFL for the past 10 seasons. Consider, in the past 10 seasons they have posted the following accomplishments:

They have played in the AFC Title Game 6/10 seasons.

They have won 11 or more games 8/10 seasons.

They have gone 12-4 or better 7/10 seasons.

They have made the playoffs 9/10 seasons (they one year they missed they were 11-5)

Their offense has ranked in the top 10 for BOTH points and yards in 8/10 seasons.

They have had one of the top 1-3 QBs in NFL history, AND one of the top coaches in NFL history for that entire span.

They went 16-0 with the #1 offense in NFL history (at the time)

They basically always win, always dominate, and seem unstoppable.

Yet even they only won 1 Super Bowl in that span. When you look at the above, it almost seems like they under performed in the post-season.

Yet I would argue that it illustrates how hard it is to win even ONE (and of course they won 3 before this span). This is why (as much as I LOATHE them) I'm not big on trying to take credit away from the SB winner.

Most of all, I'm struck with just how good you have to be to win titles in the NFL.

QB: GOAT or one of them.

Coach: GOAT or one of them.

12-4 7/10 years.

AFC Title Game 6/10 years.

1 Super Bowl title.

It's not a knock on New England* at all. I think it illustrates how incredibly tough the competition is in the NFL. It also should serve as a reminder that you are not necessarily a "choker" or a "joke" if your team doesn't finish the job.

The Patriots* did it ONCE in this span of total dominance in their conference.

Just when I thought I couldnt feel any worse

Just when I thought I couldnt feel any worse

Well, that's the club we want to join. I will say that the Steelers don't strike me as some juggernaut, nor did the Giants.

Both have 2 rings in this span of time vs New England's* 1 ring.

The Steelers are the best hope. Solid, all-around good team but 3 SB appearances with 2 wins is not something I would have predicted from them. The Bills can get 1 IF we get a QB.