Why not have the SB on Saturday?

LabattBlue

It really sucks to have the SB on Sunday evening. Kids have to get up for school the next day and everyone has to get up for work. Why not have it on Saturday night instead?

Even more radical....instead of a Saturday night SB, keep it on Sunday and make the Monday after the SB a national holiday! 0:)

It really sucks to have the SB on Sunday evening.  Kids have to get up for school the next day and everyone has to get up for work.  Why not have it on Saturday night instead? 

Even more radical....instead of a Saturday night SB, keep it on Sunday and make the Monday after the SB a national holiday! 0:)

229892[/snapback]

I'll drink to that! :blink:

Why not? This is treated like a holiday, let's make it one. The Super Bowl is not just big here, but around the world. I'm down with it.

229966[/snapback]

Just do what me and all my friends are doing, we took tomorrow off. 0:)

Excellent suggestion. It makes a LOT of sense.

Therefore, it'll never happen.

NFL rules and regulations Article 87, Section 12, Paragraph 3, 5th Bullet:

"Nothing that makes sense to the majority of mankind can be implemented for the duration of the season."

As a side note, the 7th Bullet in Paragraph 3 explicitly says the following:

"Just give it to 'em!" 0:)

It really sucks to have the SB on Sunday evening.  Kids have to get up for school the next day and everyone has to get up for work.  Why not have it on Saturday night instead? 

229892[/snapback]

I don't see the problem .... Game starts at 3, over by 8 at the latest ... :blink: