More important Press Conference to you....Ryan or Roman?

BADOLBILZ

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how are EJs knees is what he wants to know.

read option behind a run heavy. 8 in the box gets old

His knee damage is permanent. His golf swing is going to look funny in 30 years. In the meantime he needs to use his legs to create space...and time....for his slow eyes to process in the passing game and to make up for the high throws that fall incomplete when Woods and Sammy get drilled in the ribs.

His knee damage is permanent. His golf swing is going to look funny in 30 years. In the meantime he needs to use his legs to create space...and time....for his slow eyes to process in the passing game and to make up for the high throws that fall incomplete when Woods and Sammy get drilled in the ribs.

so. an EJ fan ?

so. an EJ fan ?

Just being realistic. Those throws were part of his signature the past couple seasons. If you can run for a first down on 3rd and 12 now and then it really helps.

I like the guy but I think he's a 5 year project as a pocket guy. Like Alex Smith. And ultimately not worth the wait if that's as good as he can get. So if he can be productive at the risk of injury then I take that chance at injury. It's not like his ceiling is Andrew Luck. You still gotta' be searching furiously for a franchise QB.

Just being realistic. Those throws were part of his signature the past couple seasons. If you can run for a first down on 3rd and 12 now and then it really helps.

I like the guy but I think he's a 5 year project as a pocket guy. Like Alex Smith. And ultimately not worth the wait if that's as good as he can get. So if he can be productive at the risk of injury then I take that chance at injury. It's not like his ceiling is Andrew Luck. You still gotta' be searching furiously for a franchise QB.

I agree 100% that the qb issue is not resolved. I am surprised Ryan took the position over a potential Matt Ryan. Rex and Roman have their work cut out for them.

Well, I think this is a good thread to put this on.

I read the transcript and wow, from amateur hour to professional polish. I can't see Rex being flustered or bothered by the media at all after that.

In fact I can see him calling reporters out with the equivalent of Orton's "that's a bullsh** (or was it crap?) question" if they try to heckle him.

He said all the right things, and more of them than I expected, actually.

Media gripe:

I see headlines that make me go "oh no" like "Rex Ryan says Bills will consider Mark Sanchez; Doug Whaley says all options open at quarterback

But actually when you look at the transcript, that's actually not how it went down at all.

One of the reporters directly asked: "What are your thoughts on pursuing Mark Sanchez?"
Rex Ryan: Certainly, he'll be a guy under consideration. We'll explore every avenue. If we think there's a free agent like Mark or somebody else out there that we think can help us, then we'll absolutely explore it. We've briefly talked about some possibilities out there. We'll definitely look into anybody that we think can help us.

Doug Whaley: We're going to leave every option open at that position. We're going to bring in competition and that's one of the mainstays since we've been together. We want competition at every position because competition raises the level of play. When you raise the level of play, there's going to be injuries so you know that guy behind him, the expectation won't dip.

I guess it wouldn't generate clicks or reads or controversy to have a headline like "Rex Ryan and Doug Whaley agree to bring in competition at quarterback and leave every option open" :devil:

Well, I think this is a good thread to put this on.

I read the transcript and wow, from amateur hour to professional polish. I can't see Rex being flustered or bothered by the media at all after that.

In fact I can see him calling reporters out with the equivalent of Orton's "that's a bullsh** (or was it crap?) question" if they try to heckle him.

He said all the right things, and more of them than I expected, actually.

Media gripe:

I see headlines that make me go "oh no" like "Rex Ryan says Bills will consider Mark Sanchez; Doug Whaley says all options open at quarterback

But actually when you look at the transcript, that's actually not how it went down at all.

One of the reporters directly asked: "What are your thoughts on pursuing Mark Sanchez?"

Rex Ryan: Certainly, he'll be a guy under consideration. We'll explore every avenue. If we think there's a free agent like Mark or somebody else out there that we think can help us, then we'll absolutely explore it. We've briefly talked about some possibilities out there. We'll definitely look into anybody that we think can help us.

Doug Whaley: We're going to leave every option open at that position. We're going to bring in competition and that's one of the mainstays since we've been together. We want competition at every position because competition raises the level of play. When you raise the level of play, there's going to be injuries so you know that guy behind him, the expectation won't dip.

I guess it wouldn't generate clicks or reads or controversy to have a headline like "Rex Ryan and Doug Whaley agree to bring in competition at quarterback and leave every option open" :devil:

Whaley's comment sort of undermines the thread that he was going to ram EJM down the new coach's throat.

About all Rex would say is that EJM would be evaluated and get his chance. He acknowledged EJM had some skills, but the tenor compared to last off-season's "we're expecting big things" sorts of comments was certainly muted, even by DW.