A serious question, why the faith in Whaley?

You did say it that way -- clearly. You also inject inaccurate opinion's into other people's posts (like Kelly and my own). I only go back to what you said because it's what you said and, frankly, sums up why your opinion on this matter is so faulty.

You are a homer who has no way of defending his own argument so you try to make the poster that you disagree with look like the have no credibility. That is all that is going on here. When you actually have a position as to why Whaley does not deserve any criticism for the offensive line then come back and you can have a big boy discussion with the rest of us.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's really been on the job long enough to give an objective evaluation. He's had one off-season to date to put his mark on this team and the early returns are very mixed so far.

Pegula should be monitoring things closely. The rapid dysfunction between Marrone and Whaley suggests potential problems. One of them is gone, but there are two sides to any conflict.

Absolutely -- every job in the NFL is a temp job after all. Whaley should be evaluated every day and every season.

Got it. Marrone's made suggestions on who he wanted for the line and if Whaley listened to him then he bears no responsibility for missing in FA or draft picks. Do you guys actually read what you post? This is a real eye opener though. I was actually very complimentary of Whaley and said I want him to have this year to prove himself. I also stated obvious legitimate criticisms of Whaley's tenure that anyone can see, but that was too much for the homers to handle.

According to them Whaley has done nothing wrong and bears no responsibility for the personnel on the offensive line. It is seriously a pathetic display.

Where on earth do you get this?

The point of the person to whom you're responding appears to be that Marrone and Whaley likely shared responsibility for FA and draft picks, and Marrone has responsibility for how/whether they are used. It's a fact the whole line appears to have regressed under Doug "OL expert and coach" Marrone, including players who have already shown themselves NFL quality. How does this become "no responsibility" and "homers"? Maybe Proteus is a great name for you, you "change the shape" of a post you're responding to in order to make it into whatever you like?

Had his misses but I for one, think the Corey Graham signing was a Huge key to our season. Also waiver wire pickups Thigpen and Rambo - without them we don't beat Green Bay. Do those three moves exonerate him for other decisions? That I cant say. But we had pretty decent drafts the last two years. What people overlook is there is a fair amount of luck involved in draft picks. You can scout the players and sure things end up busts and a guy like -sorry I hate to bring him up- like Brady goes in the 6th wasn't even a starter in college I don't think and ends up making history.....

You did say it that way -- clearly. You also inject inaccurate opinion's into other people's posts (like Kelly and my own). I only go back to what you said because it's what you said and, frankly, sums up why your opinion on this matter is so faulty.

You are a homer who has no way of defending his own argument so you try to make the poster that you disagree with look like the have no credibility. That is all that is going on here. When you actually have a position as to why Whaley does not deserve any criticism for the offensive line then come back and you can have a big boy discussion with the rest of us.

I defended my argument by pointing out that regardless of the remaining holes, this roster is in better shape now than it ever has been over the previous three regimes. Of course you ignore this argument because it goes counter to your own, but you could at least be honest enough to admit that I made it.

I think the balance is overall positive for Whaley - and I think it is a shame Williams got injured but I still maintain he was the least bad of the awful guards we trotted out this season including Urbik who was serviceable in Chan's system but has been bad under Marrone. However, even given that I think it is fair to say that the O-line is part coaching and part talent. If a new coach turns Koundjio and Richardson around then we can absolve Whaley of blame for that. Until then it remains a question mark against his overall record.

But he should stay. No question in my mind.

That's in your head, brother. What I pounced on were your own faulty conclusions. And again, I never said (or even intimated) that Whaley has done no wrong. :lol: You can't get anything right, can you?

What are my faulty conclusions? Also love the laugh icon in every post as to project the image that my posts are laughable instead of yet again actually having a counter argument. I think any reasonable poster can see everything I have said in this thread has merit.

That's in your head, brother. What I pounced on were your own faulty conclusions. And again, I never said (or even intimated) that Whaley has done no wrong. :lol: You can't get anything right, can you?

What are my faulty conclusions? Also love the laugh icon in every post as to project the image that my posts are laughable instead of yet again actually having a counter argument. I think any reasonable poster can see everything I have said in this thread has merit.

I still am waiting for you to tell me how Whaley has no responsibility for the personnel on the offensive line.

Had his misses but I for one, think the Corey Graham signing was a Huge key to our season. Also waiver wire pickups Thigpen and Rambo - without them we don't beat Green Bay. Do those three moves exonerate him for other decisions? That I cant say. But we had pretty decent drafts the last two years. What people overlook is there is a fair amount of luck involved in draft picks. You can scout the players and sure things end up busts and a guy like -sorry I hate to bring him up- like Brady goes in the 6th wasn't even a starter in college I don't think and ends up making history.....

Also good points. You could argue the Rambo signing directly led to one win. We're not that far removed from a secondary that featured Justin Rodgers for Cripe's sake! JUSTIN RODGERS!

But sure, Whaley's done nothing to improve this roster.

I am torn on Whaley like many people. He has done some very nice things. That said he failed miserably to address a bad offensive line last off-season and the line actually got worse. The Chris Williams was criticized by media and fans alike and they proved to be right. We needed a much better upgrade than Williams and Whaley failed on that one.

He also ignored the QB position last off-season and was ready to go into the season with EJ, Lewis and Tuel. I don't care that he signed Orton a week before the season, he should have been more prepared and done more in the off-season. I said going into last off-season that he needed to sign a vet and draft someone. Draft someone so there has been someone in the system for a year already in case EJ fails. If Whaley isn't about to start taking the QB position seriously and draft someone on within the first 3 round every draft until will find a capable long term starter, then he can get the hell out.

So who, that was available, do you think the Bills should have drafted or signed at

-OL (guard)

-QB

Thanks!

But sure, Whaley's done nothing to improve this roster.

I am sure this is meant for me. All I said is he did a bad job addressing the offensive line and QB position. Had no other criticism besides that. But that was too much for you to handle.

I still am waiting for you to tell me how Whaley has no responsibility for the personnel on the offensive line.

Whoa, the quote boxes are going nuts, so apologies for the ugliness of this one...

The :lol: is deserved, believe me. I mean it with no disrespect intended, but more to show you how much you're making me laugh. I'm a light hearted guy, and I enjoy a good back and forth. But maybe you should step away from the computer and take a couple deep breaths if you're getting upset. It's not my intention.

I never ever ever ever ever ever said "Whaley has no responsibility for the personnel of the offensive line" -- the fact you think I did is one of your many faulty conclusions. :lol:

So who, that was available, do you think the Bills should have drafted or signed at

-OL (guard)

-QB

Thanks!

Good stuff here. When all else fails please fall back on, well who did you want him to take. So pathetic. The toxic response I got while saying Whaley should be back but saying he needs to take responsibility for his mistakes as well is pretty telling. Either some of you are such giant homers that you have to attack anyone showing any criticism whatsoever towards Whaley or he has made no mistakes.

Good stuff here. When all else fails please fall back on, well who did you want him to take. So pathetic. The toxic response I got while saying Whaley should be back but saying he needs to take responsibility for his mistakes as well is pretty telling. Either some of you are such giant homers that you have to attack anyone showing any criticism whatsoever towards Whaley or he has made no mistakes.

You're drunk... right?

Whoa, the quote boxes are going nuts, so apologies for the ugliness of this one...

The :lol: is deserved, believe me. I mean it with no disrespect intended, but more to show you how much you're making me laugh. I'm a light hearted guy, and I enjoy a good back and forth. But maybe you should step away from the computer and take a couple deep breaths if you're getting upset. It's not my intention.

I never ever ever ever ever ever said "Whaley has no responsibility for the personnel of the offensive line" -- the fact you think I did is one of your many faulty conclusions. :lol:

You criticized me for criticizing Whaley and called the line Marrone's project. Please just stop, you have no clue.

The overall roster is not the issue , it's the qb. He wouldn't be the first gm ruined by not finding one but he deserves to keep his job

He doesn't deserve to keep his job. The Watkins trade was more than enough evidence of his incompetence. The argument that he is being ruined by not having a QB is ridiculous. It is like the boy who kills both his parents and then asks the sentencing judge for leniency because he is an orphan!

It is a debacle of his own making.

No other GM in the league would have made that Watkins trade. And with the benefit of hindsight, it is clearly obvious how stupid it was in reality. Why would you make the trade without a proven QB already in place? The cart does not belong in front of the horse. QB first, then other positions. Would you trade Odell Beckham Jr. and a first round pick for Sammy Watkins. Hell no! This is essentially what the Bills (Whaley) did!

Major Fail.

If Marrone was pissed at this trade, I don't blame him one bit. Before he opted out, I wouldn't be surprised if Marrone asked Pegula/Brandon if Whaley was staying on as GM. Assuming they told him that Whaley was staying, I think Marrone concluded that more stupid moves were imminent and that he better jump from Whaleys' sinking ship.

BTW, the man in the teflon suit (Russ Brandon) needs to go also for hiring and sticking with Whaley.

Edited by Billsguy

I am torn on Whaley like many people. He has done some very nice things. That said he failed miserably to address a bad offensive line last off-season and the line actually got worse. The Chris Williams was criticized by media and fans alike and they proved to be right. We needed a much better upgrade than Williams and Whaley failed on that one.

He also ignored the QB position last off-season and was ready to go into the season with EJ, Lewis and Tuel. I don't care that he signed Orton a week before the season, he should have been more prepared and done more in the off-season. I said going into last off-season that he needed to sign a vet and draft someone. Draft someone so there has been someone in the system for a year already in case EJ fails. If Whaley isn't about to start taking the QB position seriously and draft someone on within the first 3 round every draft until will find a capable long term starter, then he can get the hell out.

My original post which some you apparently cannot handle.