A serious question, why the faith in Whaley?

No doubt the offensive line has been poorly handled from both a player personnel and a coaching standpoint.

Considering how well the rest of the team has improved, especially due to free agency and trades, I want Whaley to stay.

In regards to the offensive line I am willing to give the guy a break. Marrone was here and he was respected for his offensive line experience.

Therefore it is really easy to assume that the "team" was offering more weight to Marrone's opinion of draft prospects and free agents in those positions. Obviously the "team" of people in charge of assessing player personnel (including Whaley) should have made better decisions. But, based on the fact that Marrone was the offensive line "guru", I can't help but find myself laying the majority of the blame at his feet for that whole o-line situation debacle.

This is another reason as to why I think it was more Buddy Nix then anyone else. Marrone didn't like some of the players acquired for the line, so I don't get the impression that Marrone helped in or made those line choices.

"The front office has also bristled at how certain players are being used, sources said. Team executives believe tackle Cyrus Kouandjio, this year's second-round pick, warranted more of a long look this summer, were unhappy that emerging receiver Robert Woods was benched at times, and they were also at odds over guard Kraig Urbik, who the personnel side believes is a quality guard (he just received a contract extension a few

years back) but who Marrone has soured on (the team explored trades for Urbik before roster cuts, league sources said)."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24695455/buffalo-tension-boils-over-in-shouting-match-for-marrone-bills-officials

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic