Did Marrone/Whaley rift start with Sammy Watkins selection?

NoSaint

I've been wondering .... does it go even back to the EJ signing?

Why take a rookie and try ti implement a fast paced hurry-up offense and then when he's healthy again the next season scrap the whole idea?

glad hes gone and we can move on and make smarter decisions.

like the saying goes... loosely transcribed

once you consider retirement your as good as retired. its in your head that the exit is a short time ahead of you and you think of it and not truly in succeeding!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wondering .... does it go even back to the EJ signing?

Why take a rookie and try ti implement a fast paced hurry-up offense

This was seriously one of the stupidest coaching decisions I've ever seen.

I have less and less respect for Marrone. We vastly overpaid for Watkins in a draft full of excellent wide receivers who would have been available. The group made a decision to give up this year's first round choice to get a guy who is great but maybe not even as great as others who were available. Couple that with the "group" decision to go for EJ and Marrone's overly conservative offense play and now his unprofessional (and apparently ongoing) badmouthing of his former employer and I just don't understand why he is such a hot coaching prospect. Schwarz, if anyone on the coaching staff, is the guy who most teams should consider over Marrone.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand all this Marrone love.

I have less and less respect for Marrone. We vastly overpaid for Watkins in a draft full of excellent wide receivers who would have been available. The group made a decision to give up this year's first round choice to get a guy who is great but maybe not even as great as others who were available. Couple that with the "group" decision to go for EJ and Marrone's overly conservative offense play and now his unprofessional (and apparently ongoing) badmouthing of his former employer and I just don't understand why he is such a hot coaching prospect. Schwarz, if anyone on the coaching staff, is the guy who most teams should consider over Marrone.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand all this Marrone love.

did I misread your post?

Marone was pissed off at DW because they gave up so much for SW. That was the beginning of the end for Doug.

as for DW

SW is up for Rookie of the Year.

Last season Kiko was up for Rookie of the Year.

that says a lot about DW

So what????? We gave up the 19th pick and have Watkins vs. let's pretend Ebron. This ODB love is all well and good, but with KO throwing the ball to him and him missing 4 games, we know for a fact that he would have been lucky to catch 50 passes and many here would be unhappy. So Ebron + 19th pick vs. SW or ODB (much worse #'s and injury prone) + 19th pick.

Sorry I take SW!!!!!!