Are the Pegulas in Over Their Heads?

jjmac

Kelly, I appreciate your posts but your clueless about what he did at Syracuse. I live here. Any true Cuse fan knows that rather amazing job he did in four years to literally resurrect a dead D1 program to relevancy before he left for the Bills. The record is actually quite impressive during the time he was there. These are the facts. Besides, if you really claim to know a lot about him you would know he has a long NFL coaching pedigree starting ten years ago. OK, I'm asking this a lot, what is your take as why he is so esteemed a a HC candidate in the knowledgable football world (please don't even try to debate this, it's an actuarial fact) but so reviled in WNY. It's a mass hysteria to me. A shared group delusion completely ignoring the facts (9-7 in 2 years with THIS franchise). In my field of work I have seen this before but never in the sporting world. I would really love to hear how you understand this.

Never in the sporting world? Wow, thats a pretty stupid thing to say considering teams have gone from worst to first in a matter of a single season. Rams went form worst to SB champions, but you want to act like winning 2 more games and still missing the playoffs is some kind of unheard of miracle in sports???? Hahaha, get out of here Marrone, you screwed up this offense, you screwed up a great situation, and you left and i will bet this team has more success the next 5 years than any team you become a HC of over the same time period (although, probably can't complete this bet as you would probably not last 5 years in your next job anyway).

Edited by Alphadawg7

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never in the sporting world? Wow, thats a pretty stupid thing to say considering teams have gone from worst to first in a matter of a single season. Rams went form worst to SB champions, but you want to act like winning 2 more games and still missing the playoffs is some kind of unheard of miracle in sports???? Hahaha, get out of here Marrone, you screwed up this offense, you screwed up a great situation, and you left and i will bet this team has more success the next 5 years than any team you become a HC of over the same time period (although, probably can't complete this bet as you would probably not last 5 years in your next job anyway).

The whole premise that the Bills are somehow damaged by not retaining Doug ##$@ing Marrone is beyond laughable. And we'll regret him going to the Jets? LOL.

This is a team that is loved by its community to the point where it is part of the culture. For the last decade plus, there has been fear of the team moving away. This year, thanks to Ralph and Pegula, that fear has been permanently erased. Has the franchise had trouble fielding a winner lately? Yes. Did we improve during the time Marrone was here? Yes. Have we had similar seasons during this down period? Yes.

We are supposed to judge 2014 and its "trending in the right direction" as a result of Marrone? How could someone ever seriously assert this? We have a going forward stability that we have NEVER had. We know the Bills are going to be in Buffalo and we know the owner is going to commit resources to winning. We should really be overly concerned about potential fits and starts in this process and be remorseful that Marrone is with the Jets....if he ends up there? Really?

He is so awesomely fantastic that he can take what has proven to be a dysfunctional franchise and turn it 180 degrees despite the same ownership being present and a roster that while not totally devoid of talent. does not compare favorably with the Bills roster? He is really that great? Then why didn't he do it with the Bills? He has all of these wonderful skills to bring a football team to the highest of heights but not the common sense or courtesy to say goodbye to his players or the fan base that paid his first NFL HC salary? One of the first lines he spouted at his initial presser is that he knows what it is like in Buffalo because he grew up in the Bronx. With that line he showed he knew NOTHING about Buffalo. Soon after, he said he'd bring a cutting edge offense. Instead he brought an offense that made wives all over WNY hide sharp objects from their husbands on Sunday so they wouldn't cut their wrists.

Pardon me if I don't think losing this self loving schlub is not a great loss for humanity.

The whole premise that the Bills are somehow damaged by not retaining Doug ##$@ing Marrone is beyond laughable. And we'll regret him going to the Jets? LOL.

This is a team that is loved by its community to the point where it is part of the culture. For the last decade plus, there has been fear of the team moving away. This year, thanks to Ralph and Pegula, that fear has been permanently erased. Has the franchise had trouble fielding a winner lately? Yes. Did we improve during the time Marrone was here? Yes. Have we had similar seasons during this down period? Yes.

We are supposed to judge 2014 and its "trending in the right direction" as a result of Marrone? How could someone ever seriously assert this? We have a going forward stability that we have NEVER had. We know the Bills are going to be in Buffalo and we know the owner is going to commit resources to winning. We should really be overly concerned about potential fits and starts in this process and be remorseful that Marrone is with the Jets....if he ends up there? Really?

He is so awesomely fantastic that he can take what has proven to be a dysfunctional franchise and turn it 180 degrees despite the same ownership being present and a roster that while not totally devoid of talent. does not compare favorably with the Bills roster? He is really that great? Then why didn't he do it with the Bills? He has all of these wonderful skills to bring a football team to the highest of heights but not the common sense or courtesy to say goodbye to his players or the fan base that paid his first NFL HC salary? One of the first lines he spouted at his initial presser is that he knows what it is like in Buffalo because he grew up in the Bronx. With that line he showed he knew NOTHING about Buffalo. Soon after, he said he'd bring a cutting edge offense. Instead he brought an offense that made wives all over WNY hide sharp objects from their husbands on Sunday so they wouldn't cut their wrists.

Pardon me if I don't think losing this self loving schlub is not a great loss for humanity.

You replied to me, but I think you meant to reply to Mojo44 as I totally agree with you...Marrone leaving is a laughable and he won't be missed.

Edited by Alphadawg7