article regarding AFC east and Bill Polian

Martifal

I think this would have been accurate if Polian did come to Buffalo, as good as he was, his ship had sailed, if Cowher is truly being wooed, he never would have come in with an overseer in place. I honestly think we will be contending for AFCE champion next season.

Friend of mine from Mass. sent me this link which briefly gives their take on Bill Polian. http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/12/31/7476521/the-afc-east-is-a-disaster-and-the-patriots-will-benefit

Sadly the last line remains true. Nobody in the division is close to being unable to unseat the Pats* given then current dynamics. Unless a new coach uncovers something in EJ (not likely IMO) the Bills don't have a prayer in doing so.

The Patriots offense has ranked 1st, 3rd, 1st, 3rd, and 4th over the past five years. The defense has ranked 8th, 15th, 9th, 10th, and 8th over the past five years. The Patriots have won at least 12 regular season games over the past five seasons, earning a first round bye each year.

This is the Patriots division until further notice. The other teams are just noise.

The really sad part about all that is that the Pats really aren't that good anymore. Brady and the offense, really only when Gronk is in, carry that entire team. Their D is only ranked that high because they get to play four games, formerly 6 games, against some of the inept offenses in the entire league every season. Their an average D at best and one that other offenses fairly easily take apart.

Games with them, at least during the regular season, are track meets. In the playoffs they don't have the D to compete to win another SB. Their RB has traditionally been one of the worst in the AFCE too. The last time that they had a RB that was capable of perennially putting up 1,000+ yards was Dillon 9 seasons ago.

If the Pats were in most other divisions they'd be a 9-7 to 11-5 team every season.

The really sad part about all that is that the Pats really aren't that good anymore. Brady and the offense, really only when Gronk is in, carry that entire team. Their D is only ranked that high because they get to play four games, formerly 6 games, against some of the inept offenses in the entire league every season. Their an average D at best and one that other offenses fairly easily take apart.

Games with them, at least during the regular season, are track meets. In the playoffs they don't have the D to compete to win another SB. Their RB has traditionally been one of the worst in the AFCE too. The last time that they had a RB that was capable of perennially putting up 1,000+ yards was Dillon 9 seasons ago.

If the Pats were in most other divisions they'd be a 9-7 to 11-5 team every season.

10 weeks ago I would have agreed with you, but they had a juggernaut of a schedule this year and went thru it like nothing...