The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same

KRT88

On the surface, it's just more of the same for the league's most embarrassing franchise.

All I can do is hope that our D stays dominant, and that we being in some talented offensive minds, and repair the OL, which allows EJ to blossom.

after Cleveland, Jax, Tenn, Oakland and Jets

Terry Pegula is an idiot for allowing both Orton and Morrone to leave.

Good Lord what an asinine statement,

It's pretty obvious who the "idiot" is...............

We weren't 16 and 0,

Coach Marrone and Kyle Orton had just as much to do with the seven losses as they did with the victories.

Edited by B-Man

it is a crazy idea. You complain about us looking like the NFL clowns that we are and than want to keep the one person that's the most directly responsible for us being that way on the football side?

Manuel and the trade for Watkins have been unmitigated disasters. You might come back and talk about Hughes or some other lower level trades or FAs, but honestly, Hughes for Shepherd was a no-brainer. If Whaley were really that smart he'd have signed Hughes to a much more affordable contract after last season. Or for all the geniuses here and elsewhere, if he really knew that Hughes would even be more than a marginal starter or backup, to an even more managable long-term contract when they signed him. The bottom line is that Whaley didn't know, either that or he was a fool for not giving him a long-term contract when they signed him or after last season at the least. Now, as a direct result of Whaley's inaction, it sounds as if Hughes is either going to be grossly overpaid or leave.

Yeah, great, what wonderful GM-manship. Can't wait for more of that. What's next, trading our entire draft this year to move into the late 1st-round in yet another "bold" move.

Please. Whaley's a fool.

Whaley is the best thing to happen to the Bills in years, how someone can not see that is beyond me. Marrone is simply a moron and was a hinderance to what the GM was putting together. Sitting Urbik and Mike Williams for no apparent reason? Trusting Hacket to run his terrible offense? The worst mistake Whaley made was hiring that buffoon, not the Watkins trade.

The improvements that Whaley has made to this roster are quite good, the fact that Marrone couldn't make it work is laughable. An offense that has Spiller, Jackson, Watkins, Mike Williams and Robert Woods should be able to score from time to time. EJ sure as hell looks like the best QB that came out of that draft(as sad as that is) and yet he's regressed under Marrone and corp.

Kiko

Brown

Woods

Watkins

Henderson

Letting Tyrd walk

Hughes

Those are all great picks/moves.

Marrone dropped the ball. The Bills should have been a playoff team unfortunately they didn't have a competent HC and OC.

Whaley is not to blame here.

Flipping sides here HARD. Weren't you on the Marrone train two days ago?

haha no I wasn't on a "side." I was not happy about the offense's production but I supported his decisions and have him the benefit of the doubt because I had no reason not to and thought he had a lack of talent on the offensive side compared to the defensive side. Now that his character has been revealed in how he exited and his lack of commitment to the team (same with Orton, you could tell his heart wasn't in it) I no longer give him that benefit of the doubt. He seemed to be a good motivator but the reaction of the players says it all. Lost all respect. Edited by YoloinOhio

haha no I wasn't on a "side." I was not happy about the offense's production but I supported his decisions and have him the benefit of the doubt because I had no reason not to and thought he had a lack of talent on the offensive side compared to the defensive side. Now that his character has been revealed in how he exited and his lack of commitment to the team (same with Orton, you could tell his heart wasn't in it) I no longer give him that benefit of the doubt. He seemed to be a good motivator but the reaction of the players says it all. Lost all respect.

Hmm. Maybe you'll stop giving the FO the benefit of the doubt when they ship their best WR and "Buffalo guy" outta town. Oh wait. Loyalty begets loyalty.

You don't get to defend teams for it "being a business," and not extend that courtesy to anyone else involved. The players are all hypocrites.

Edited by FireChan

Hmm. Maybe you'll stop giving the FO the benefit of the doubt when they ship their best WR and "Buffalo guy" outta town. Oh wait. Loyalty begets loyalty.

You don't get to defend teams for it "being a business," and not extend that courtesy to anyone else involved. The players are all hypocrites.

i am referring to how he left. Not that he opted out. Opting out shows me he was not confident he could sustain success and therefore prove he was worth an extension. Fine. Using the national media to throw the FO and new owners under the bus when he left. No message to fan base. Preaching he did everything for the region, fans, etc. He is revealed as a phony.

It has nothing at all to do with the FO trading SJ. He was well worth a 4th rounder and maybe our 3rd best WR once Watkins was drafted.

it is a crazy idea. You complain about us looking like the NFL clowns that we are and than want to keep the one person that's the most directly responsible for us being that way on the football side?

Manuel and the trade for Watkins have been unmitigated disasters. You might come back and talk about Hughes or some other lower level trades or FAs, but honestly, Hughes for Shepherd was a no-brainer. If Whaley were really that smart he'd have signed Hughes to a much more affordable contract after last season. Or for all the geniuses here and elsewhere, if he really knew that Hughes would even be more than a marginal starter or backup, to an even more managable long-term contract when they signed him. The bottom line is that Whaley didn't know, either that or he was a fool for not giving him a long-term contract when they signed him or after last season at the least. Now, as a direct result of Whaley's inaction, it sounds as if Hughes is either going to be grossly overpaid or leave.

Yeah, great, what wonderful GM-manship. Can't wait for more of that. What's next, trading our entire draft this year to move into the late 1st-round in yet another "bold" move.

Please. Whaley's a fool.

the trade down two years ago and subsequent "free" pick of Kiko was a fine piece of work by Whaley.

sammy trade still way to early to assess. we don't even know what players we gave up for him yet.

i like Whaley, hope he stays

i am referring to how he left. Not that he opted out. Opting out shows me he was not confident he could sustain success and therefore prove he was worth an extension. Fine. Using the national media to throw the FO and new owners under the bus when he left. No message to fan base. Preaching he did everything for the region, fans, etc. He is revealed as a phony.

It has nothing at all to do with the FO trading SJ. He was well worth a 4th rounder and maybe our 3rd best WR once Watkins was drafted.

Yes, they showed him such loyalty.

i don't know what you are arguing. Sorry.

I'm arguing that every NFL has NEVER shown consistent commitments to players or coaches. It doesn't happen. They cut or dump players left and right, no matter how loyal the players or coaches are. How many people would be complaining if Pegula fired Marrone on Monday? I assure you, it'd be less than how many are complaining now. The Bills (and every other NFL team) have never rewarded loyalty. Yet we expect coaches and players to take paycuts or never leave for more money or better organizations? It's ludicrous.

Edit:

In fact, I'll pose you another question. If Marrone didn't opt out, EJ won the QB competition but went on IR week one, and we went 7-9 in 2015, would Marrone be shown loyalty? "He caught a couple bad breaks but he stuck with us?" He'd be shown the door. In a heartbeat. I'd stake my bank account on it.

Expecting loyalty in a cut throat business is how you end up getting played. Begrudge him for not being classy, but that's about all you can put on him.

Edited by FireChan

On the surface, it's just more of the same for the league's most embarrassing franchise.

All I can do is hope that our D stays dominant, and that we being in some talented offensive minds, and repair the OL, which allows EJ to blossom.

Here's the thing though, it wasn't dominant. Look at our rushing defense over the last 10 games. We lost to Denver, KC, Miami, and Oakland of all teams, allowing an average of 131 rushing yards to those teams. Over our last 10 games we allowed an average of 130 ypg which sucks.

You can't say that you're dominant when you lose four games by having teams run the ball on you like that, especially when those teams are Denver and Oakland, the latter of which is ranked dead last in rushing.

For anyone to overlook this is a critical error in judgement in assessing how good this D really is.

Other than that, yeah, it is more of the same unfortunately. A running joke.

Whaley is the best thing to happen to the Bills in years, how someone can not see that is beyond me.

Marrone dropped the ball. The Bills should have been a playoff team unfortunately they didn't have a competent HC and OC.

Whaley is not to blame here.

Wow, Whaley wasted a 9th overall on Spiller, who drafted Manuel in the mid-1st when most draftniks had him in the 3rd or 4th, 2nd tops by only a few, and then who traded away our future for Watkins who isn't even #2 or #3 best WR in that draft class. Maybe not even 4th or 5th.

Between those things and the current RB situation, which is having absolutely nothing notable in our offensive backfield, on that alone he should be fired.

Yeah, shrewd GM Whaley is. Funny though, he's even admitted publicly that his future would and should hinge on the Manuel pick, so you actually disagree with him there. I'm sure he's sitting there thinking to himself, "Wow, only in Buffalo would I still have a job."

Marrone was a dunderheaded choice too mostly of Brandon's creation, but Whaley was also involved in that process.

Unfortunately this should become more clear to you after the hole that he's begun digging for this team becomes a little larger. That's how it works in the Bills forums.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Here's the thing though, it wasn't dominant. Look at our rushing defense over the last 10 games. We lost to Denver, KC, Miami, and Oakland of all teams, allowing an average of 131 rushing yards to those teams. Over our last 10 games we allowed an average of 130 ypg which sucks.

You can't say that you're dominant when you lose four games by having teams run the ball on you like that, especially when those teams are Denver and Oakland, the latter of which is ranked dead last in rushing.

For anyone to overlook this is a critical error in judgement in assessing how good this D really is.

Other than that, yeah, it is more of the same unfortunately. A running joke.

Wow, Whaley wasted a 9th overall on Spiller, who drafted Manuel in the mid-1st when most draftniks had him in the 3rd or 4th, 2nd tops by only a few, and then who traded away our future for Watkins who isn't even #2 or #3 best WR in that draft class. Maybe not even 4th or 5th.

Between those things and the current RB situation, which is having absolutely nothing notable in our offensive backfield, on that alone he should be fired.

Yeah, shrewd GM Whaley is. Funny though, he's even admitted publicly that his future would and should hinge on the Manuel pick, so you actually disagree with him there. I'm sure he's sitting there thinking to himself, "Wow, only in Buffalo would I still have a job."

Marrone was a dunderheaded choice too mostly of Brandon's creation, but Whaley was also involved in that process.

Unfortunately this should become more clear to you after the hole that he's begun digging for this team becomes a little larger. That's how it works in the Bills forums.

Don't think Whaley drafted Spiller.