If Marrone wants to keep Hackett I'm okay with it

TheFunPolice

Ok so last year special teams were awful and everyone crying that Crossman shold be fired. Marrone stuck to his guns and kept Crossman.

One year later, special teams has shown great improvement and so has the teams record.

I think we shold let Marrone call the shots, even if that includes keeping Hackett. The team is headed in the right direction.

And it's a good thing special teams was better this year. They covered up the offense not being able to score an offensive touchdown versus GB. If they hadn't, then Buffalo would have been out of the playoffs after week 15, not week 16.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great, what a valuable contribution you have made to the board!

I think what the OP is saying is that if u don't trust the coach to manage his OC, you should fire the coach not the OC. If u do trust the coach, shut up and see if it was a wise decision.

Look there were a lot of people on this board last year demanding crossman's head and saying that if he didn't Fire crossman Marrone should be fired.

Look how that turned out.

May be tougher to do with offense, but when u increase by 3 wins and were one game and a 3rd tiebreaker out of the playoffs with kyle Orton, and have the best record in a decade, and knew enough about coordinators to choose one that could improve a world class defense. Then I think you deserve the benefit of the doubt.

If there is no improvement next year, you boot the whole team unless Marrone offers to make changes.

No sense in keeping a coach who

Has been neutered of his ability to make coaching decisions. It's no longer his team and he will never take ownership of it.

This is why so many coaches walk when u ask them to fire their coordinators. It's not because of blind loyalty, it's because they think the coordinator is doing the right thing and that something else is the problem.

Anyways, add 3 more wins next year. 12-4, top the afc east, lose to the mother f ing wildcard pats in the playoffs after splitting the regular season.

Joy.... And Pain.

Marrone has already lay the we-need-better-talent-track with the offense line like he did last year with the special teams.

The moment Schwartz was announced as the new D coordinator, I wondered if losing Pettine was a blessing in disguise.

All three units needed an upgrade going into last offseason:

Shore up the run D--check

Clean up the special teams--check

Stabilize the offense--swing and a miss

The defense was enhanced by Schwartz AND with the infusion of new talent, namely Spikes.

The special teams got to where the needed to be through new talent, thou it seems as though the unit will remain a work in progress: late TC signings of Schmidt and Carpenter, addition of Thigpen late in this season, etc.

Going into 2015 only the offense needs addressed, really.

But, just because we alleviated A LOT of needs last year, doesn't meant the path to fix the offense will be easy, thanks in large measure to Orton's big reveal.

I expect us to be aggressive getting interior offensive lineman, at least one running back and at least one quarterback.

But I don't expect a change at coach.

The main reason is because we KNOW that unless Marrone ops out, the philosophy won't change.

And given what we know what that philosophy is--pound the rock between the tackles, control the ball and set up our weapons on the outsid--is there a fan among us who believes we've had the personnel to carry this out?

This is normally where fans will remind me that a good coach maximizes his scheme to match his talent.

I guess the fans who want that are just **** out of luck. Marrone has an identity in mind, for better or worse, we want to be a ground and pound team.

Let's just be honest about one thing: that while Gailey succeeded in masking deficiencies by scheming to maximize talent, he failed to produce 1.) an identity and 2.) a offense that was even above average.

At least now we're tracking toward the former.

Here's hoping we find the guys to get us there.

And it's a good thing special teams was better this year. They covered up the offense not being able to score an offensive touchdown versus GB. If they hadn't, then Buffalo would have been out of the playoffs after week 15, not week 16.

And IF you were remotely pleasant, you'd be halfway tolerable. :-)

What's hour point though?