songs that tell a story

Cugalabanza

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously?

I am not applying the expression wrong, am I? What was good for him while she was away, was also good good for her. ;-)

As song stories go, this one is pretty creative and different they way it is told.

It was a joke, fer Christ's sake! Well it would have been had you laughed.

It was a good song but that dude turned into a terrorist so I turn it off now.

You don't need to turn the song off any more. Please do a little homework before making such a serious accusation. Gordon Lightfoot has never been associated with anything close to this. He has received many of Canada's highest civilian honors and is considered by many to be a national treasurer.

FWIW you are likely thinking of Cat Stevens, who converted to Islam in 1977 was denied entry into the US in 2004. Go to post #47 and quote the middle song with this if you must, but please don't tarnish the name of our neighbor to the North. Probably wouldn't hurt to research whether or not the ban on Cat Stevens was warrented.

Edited by Steve O

LMAO... I would have been. That thread has jumped the shark. It's really starting to get ugly and desperate. They are scrapping the bottom of the barrel for "TBDism's."

Did "shiv the mofo" make the list?

You don't need to turn the song off any more. Please do a little homework before making such a serious accusation. Gordon Lightfoot has never been associated with anything close to this. He has received many of Canada's highest civilian honors and is considered by many to be a national treasurer.

FWIW you are likely thinking of Cat Stevens, who converted to Islam in 1977 was denied entry into the US in 2004. Go to post #47 and quote the middle song with this if you must, but please don't tarnish the name of our neighbor to the North. Probably wouldn't hurt to research whether or not the ban on Cat Stevens was warrented.

Somebody bit the bait! He's been playing that schtick for years (mixing Stevens w/Lightfoot on purpose). It's why I made my comment about his head exploding.

Did "shiv the mofo" make the list?

Not sure... Probably early on. The thread turned negative. I think your TBDism is on the positive side of things! :-) Who wouldn't want to shiv a mofo! ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois