THE IT FACTOR

rumblefish

Today was another painful loss for the Bills, It made me wonder, what is the IT factor that separates the top tier teams year after year, from the rest, It can't be what players get paid, the salary cap is there to keep spending equal so again what do YOU THINK IS THE IT FACTOR?

Edited by rumblefish

A good start at finding the "IT" factor is having your organization run by a really smart, shrewd guy. And then having a head coach who is the same.

Doug Marrone is an ex jock offensive lineman, and having heard him speak a lot, I do not believe he is particularly bright, even within the confines of the game of football.

Whaley? Have you heard the man use the English language? He's not that bright. Does he "know" football? Maybe. I think he peaks at some sort of head scouting type of position in an ideal organization. He is not smart enough to be running the show.

Have you ever heard and read Bill Polian? Do you think Polian (as an example) and Whaley are of equal general intelligence?

They aren't.

Then of course you need a top 10 sort of QB.

Without a good QB, you have nothing in this league.

We haven't really had one of those since Jim Kelly. Honorable mention maybe goes to Drew Bledsoe for a brief period of his time here, and even that's a stretch.

part of the reason for the post is I remember when the Pats sucked or were hit or miss, than Kraft bought the team and now they have won the division 11 out of 12 years have been a force to recon with every year, don't say it's Brady he wasn't even first round raft pick

part of the reason for the post is I remember when the Pats sucked or were hit or miss, than Kraft bought the team and now they have won the division 11 out of 12 years have been a force to recon with every year, don't say it's Brady he wasn't even first round raft pick

It all starts at the top. Most people around here simply do not realize how handicapped this organization was, since FOREVER, by our former owner.

That is all changing NOW and things will improve.

Pegula's job is to find that "IT" factor and establish it within this organization, starting at the very top.

Give him (and his wife) some time.

I say 3 years for this organization to start looking like something other than the "same old Bills" as I just wrote in another thread.

Another :censored: 3 years?? :cry::death:

It will take time! Christ, we haven't even fired the relics left over from the past ownership regime yet.

Hang in there.

And follow the Sabres as your guide and model.

The Sabres are on the brink of icing their best product possibly in the history of the organization, but we are already several years into that process and it has a few more years to go as well.

It takes time to destroy "how not to do things" within an organization do it over, properly.

You should also keep in mind that the last "15 years" is meaningless as a gauge of how long we have to wait.

Nothing of substance ever changed during that entire time, so why should we have expected different results?

The change starts NOW...

The past 15 years of waiting doesn't even count, unfortunately.

The Bills clearly have "IT". You just forgot the "SH".

Well now this is clever.

To the OP's point, compare Russel Wilson to EJ. Both have good arms, great work ethic, good mobility, and are seemingly class acts. What separates RW from EJ is it. RW has it, EJ doesn't, at least not yet. Problem is, no one knows how you get it. Otherwise everyone would have it.